I wil be testing this out tomorrow

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
http://s59.photobucket.com/user/mmanns69/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsgrvcy7fh.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 I am just about done with my motive 3.50 ratio ring and pinion with a ford racing 28 spline traction lok unit install. I used the master install kit with the timken bearings so hopefully everything will hold up for a long time. The original ring and pinion was a 2.75 ratio with an open differential so I am hoping for a nice little boost in acceleration:) Tomorrow I will install the rear axles, brake drums, rear wheels and driveshaft and fill it up with gear lube and 4 ounces of friction modifier. I can't wait to test it out. Here is a picture is of the unit after assembly and before the install. I will follow up with driving impressions tomorrow.

It made a nice improvement over the 2.75's that were in there from the factory, I just took a quick lap around the block and the car feels alot lighter and revs up much easier while under way. Later on we'll take it for a more thorough test drive, I am going to break things in a bit before I really tromp on it:D

One thing I like is the ford 9 inch is much easier to set up than the 8.8's I installed in my fox body mustangs.

Back