I'm a loon - on vacation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
...OK ! ! ! ... some of you can tell ... I just got off work... I'm on annual vacation and I just sunk 6x 0.75 ltr cans of beers and I'm still posting these  forums.  :whistling:.... so just take a care. I have a gorgeous piece of Michigan engineering from that line at Dearborn  ... and I'm on vacation ....OOOKAAAY ! ! !      :D.... so.. go F-yourselves.  :D  ... in the nicest possible way, cos you are all so wonderful.   :thankyouyellow:  ... I know some of you have better 1971 "02" body "M" codes than me but I don't care...cos I'M ON VACATION ! ! ! !

and you guys with the posh "05" body "Q" codes... living on your ivory towers ... I'm jeloos...but it doesn't matter because I'M ON VACATION ! ! ! !  ::thumb::

I know I'm a Brit ... I know I don't belong unless I bought 18 acres of Alabama real estate, nailed a toilet seat to the front door as a knocker.. and filled the acreage with shiny muscle cars... but hey ... there's time yet. 

But heck .. I do run Moonshine... except moonshine ain't illegal in the UK ... so I got away with that one  :p half the law doesn't know what it is  :-/ ...anyway ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until you retire (or what i call self-unemployment)!

I retired 2 months ago, but it doesn't feel like it, cause I'm still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Michael.

Meanwhile, go to your nearest pub and have a pint and bangers and mash on me!

Wait until you retire (or what i call self-unemployment)!

I retired 2 months ago, but it doesn't feel like it, cause I'm still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Michael.

Meanwhile, go to your nearest pub and have a pint and bangers and mash on me!
A pint and bangers and mash, boy, that sounds awesome. Been quite a while since I was back "home" and enjoyed pub grub!

That's making my mouth water...……. but I'll have to settle for (frozen) fish and chips tonight!!

Geoff.

PS as for retirement, what retirement, I don't know when I found time to go to work!

I use to go on vacation and smoke some of that stuff the Clinton did not inhale and have a few while driving. I would drive from N.C. to South Dakota without stopping. Do 9,000 miles in three weeks. Have gone coast to coast and back in 9 days by myself trying to run from the horrors of work. Never did get away from it. When I retired I took a job in China was the most fun I ever had. Those people drink from dawn till bed, lol. 

Work will be there when you get back and it will not change, lol.

Do Brit's say "I'm on vacation", or do you normally say "I'm on holidays" like us Aussies do? (or sometimes we call it annual leave)

And I'm wondering, do you get four weeks annual leave like we do, or do you have only the two weeks like some of our harder-working international cousins ??

Do Brit's say "I'm on vacation", or do you normally say "I'm on holidays" like us Aussies do? (or sometimes we call it annual leave)

And I'm wondering, do you get four weeks annual leave like we do, or do you have only the two weeks like some of our harder-working international cousins ??
I had to convert it for a wider audience 

To convert to Aussie is a challenge :chin:

"Went on me Hols to sunbake and gettaway from the oldies; have loadsa cold one's, get off one's face resulting in loadsa liquid laughs"   :D

How did I do? ...fair dinkum ?

"Went on me Hols to sunbake and gettaway from the oldies; have loadsa cold one's, get off one's face resulting in loadsa liquid laughs"   :D

Well 1sostatic, you did pretty good with the Aussie slang, but here's a more accurate rendition of the example above using some Aussie phrasing:

"Gunna chuck a sickie, say hooroo to the oldies and bugger off up to the back of Bourke with me mates to hoon around in the scrub . I'll take a shrewd guess that we're all gunna get as dry as a dead dingo's donger, so we'll load up the Ute with an Esky fulla stubbies and cheap plonk; me and me mates'll sink so many coldies that we'll have a real rip-snorter of a time and be magotted by mid-arvo."

Just in case our International colleagues can't make any sense of the Aussie, here is my attempt at a UK translation of the phrases above:

"I am going to politely excuse myself from my daily occupational activity, say a delightful cheerio to Mother Dearest and Father, and take the Bentley up to Cornwall with the dapper chaps from the croquet club where we will no doubt participate in some playful high spirited capering amongst the bracken. I will make a polite but informed guess that a strong thirst may arise, causing our lower facial cavities to forthwith become as dry as an Englishman's bath-towel; therefore we will ensure that Sir Henry's lorry is capaciously furnished for the expedition with lashings of Newcastle's Brownest Warm Ale. We shall perhaps imbibe far too much of these fine spirits that by the equinox of the afternoon we shall indeed all be giggling flirtatiously like giddy rosy-cheeked Winchester College schoolgirls...."

Well 1sostatic, you did pretty good with the Aussie slang, but here's a more accurate rendition of the example above using some Aussie phrasing:

"Gunna chuck a sickie, say hooroo to the oldies and bugger off up to the back of Bourke with me mates to hoon around in the scrub . I'll take a shrewd guess that we're all gunna get as dry as a dead dingo's donger, so we'll load up the Ute with an Esky fulla stubbies and cheap plonk; me and me mates'll sink so many coldies that we'll have a real rip-snorter of a time and be magotted by mid-arvo."

Just in case our International colleagues can't make any sense of the Aussie, here is my attempt at a UK translation of the phrases above:

"I am going to politely excuse myself from my daily occupational activity, say a delightful cheerio to Mother Dearest and Father, and take the Bentley up to Cornwall with the dapper chaps from the croquet club where we will no doubt participate in some playful high spirited capering amongst the bracken. I will make a polite but informed guess that a strong thirst may arise, causing our lower facial cavities to forthwith become as dry as an Englishman's bath-towel; therefore we will ensure that Sir Henry's lorry is capaciously furnished for the expedition with lashings of Newcastle's Brownest Warm Ale. We shall perhaps imbibe far too much of these fine spirits that by the equinox of the afternoon we shall indeed all be giggling flirtatiously like giddy rosy-cheeked Winchester College schoolgirls...."
lollerz

I love Aussie slang -- it's the best in world 

and as for "warm" ale... not on your Nellie... I prefer a cold one  :D

Uhhh...how about transcribing these two paragraphs into English?   :angel:

Uhhh...how about transcribing these two paragraphs into English?   :angel:
Poor Colonial cousins are confused ... let me translate Mr Midlife

"Decided to go on vacation to get away from the family ... bake on the beach and get a tan whilst no doubt opening some cans of beer, trying to attract some female talent, getting so drunk that all that there is left to do is vomit on the pavement". 

A typical Aussie holiday, so I'm told.

Does that help Mr Midlife , sir  :D

Retired and spending our summer at our cabin in far north Idaho. Two of the three sons will arrive in the coming week.

0B8etOi.jpg

qZmfEFH.jpg

WKuoVlN.jpg

Back