Im gonna try to break the mustang tomorrow

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorgem2 you need to build you a garage on here and post some of you car info:D
+1 I just looked for it too. I wanna know whats under the hood of that thing.
That's an awesome time. I don't think my 2004 Mach1 could touch that and no way my 72 Mach1 could come close w/o a gear change to say 4.11's

jorgem2 you need to build you a garage on here and post some of you car info:D
That's an awesome time. I don't think my 2004 Mach1 could touch that and no way my 72 Mach1 could come close w/o a gear change to say 4.11's
Mine does have 4.11's and it only runs high 13's. Its basically stock though.

Going from a 13.77@101 to a 12.99@105, that's a pretty good improvement in 1 day.

Nice times & nice time, good to see you brought it home alive.
I should take better pictures, that was my sons time, mine were 13.10 13.04 and 12.996.

(Yesterday 08:05 PM)Tnfastbk Wrote:

jorgem2 you need to build you a garage on here and post some of you car info

I will work on the garage asap.

Hey just found out that some people I know where there at the vintage race that was going on and came over and watched some drag racing on Sunday. Shot them the pic from the tower to see if they seen you. No word yet seems the hauler broke down somewhere in SC on the way back.

Jorgem,

I love that car of yours. I saw that picture of your car while surfing the net many moons ago and love it! Don't have a convertible, but if I ever did get one, I'd want it to look exactly like yours color and all! Don't thrash on her too much :)

Would love some info on your set up ! Those are some really good numbers! Were you on street tires / exhaust etc...? My combination is all wrong.I am due for some upgrades now!
Thanks everyone for the great replies,

It is an all stock street car 3850 lbs with me in it, with full 2.5 exhaust, AC, stock Deluxe interior, and heavy wheels 15x8 255-60 fronts 275-60 rears.

These are the Mods

Subframe connectors, drag shocks, battery in trunk, 4.10 Detroit Locker rear.

Tranny 4r70w with 4000 stall Manual VB with toggle switch for O/D and one for Converter Lockup. (this makes it nice to cruise)

Motor, home built 351C stock 2 bolt block, crank and rods, .030, balanced, rods drilled for floating pins, TRW popup pistons about 11 to 1 comp.

4V closed chamber heads, ported Torker intake, ported to match, Holley750 DP. Lunati Cam Solid flat tappet .610/.615 lift Dur 255/265 @ .050 and matching springs valves etc.

This is a budget build, most everything was purchased thru ebay or used.

I still think there is more in it, since I can remove about 200 lbs by storing the AC for a while and getting some weld drag wheels. My front wheels weigh almost 70 lbs each.

I am sure I left something out.

Congatulations on your times, and on your great time.

And thanks for the info - very respectable performance for the mods you've described. I read of buys who've put a ton more $$ into their motors with much less to show for it.

Yes, please work on the garage ASAP.

Doc

Would love some info on your set up ! Those are some really good numbers! Were you on street tires / exhaust etc...? My combination is all wrong.I am due for some upgrades now!
Thanks everyone for the great replies,

It is an all stock street car 3850 lbs with me in it, with full 2.5 exhaust, AC, stock Deluxe interior, and heavy wheels 15x8 255-60 fronts 275-60 rears.

These are the Mods

Subframe connectors, drag shocks, battery in trunk, 4.10 Detroit Locker rear.

Tranny 4r70w with 4000 stall Manual VB with toggle switch for O/D and one for Converter Lockup. (this makes it nice to cruise)

Motor, home built 351C stock 2 bolt block, crank and rods, .030, balanced, rods drilled for floating pins, TRW popup pistons about 11 to 1 comp.

4V closed chamber heads, ported Torker intake, ported to match, Holley750 DP. Lunati Cam Solid flat tappet .610/.615 lift Dur 255/265 @ .050 and matching springs valves etc.

This is a budget build, most everything was purchased thru ebay or used.

I still think there is more in it, since I can remove about 200 lbs by storing the AC for a while and getting some weld drag wheels. My front wheels weigh almost 70 lbs each.

I am sure I left something out.
Thanks for the info!That cam sounds pretty radical.I sent Lunati a cam request info sheet just this week.I am running basicly the same engine except I am running TRW flattops.

My cam is a Comp 270h magnum,not good for these heads etc...I am also using a dual plane intake due to the rem air.

How does the car Idle with the AC running?How about the power brakes?

How about the 4R70? Who built it and the convertor?Was it a major project to install? I am on the verg of dumping my C6.I don't really like the idea of the AOD, heard alot of bad things about them.I would love the overdrive so that I could run my 4:22s.

Thanks for any tips and leads !

That baby has to sound nice, it sure does run good.

Which subframe connectoirs are you running? Are they under the floor or through the floor?

Did you make those passes on Radial T/As? That's impressive if so!

Traction device?

I think the best trick is the tranny swap, It has a lower first gear than the the C6 AOD C4 FMX family and the converter. This swap dropped 4/10ths off the 60 foot time by itself.

Here is some info on the tranny swap

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-fmx-to-4r70w-swap?highlight=4r70w

I used a converter from Dirty Dog Performance and a manual valve body from Silverfox performance, I highly recomend them both.

It has Radial T/A.s and Global West subframe connectors that go under the seat pans, they hang too low I dont really like them but they work. The only traction device's are rancho adjsutable shocks and these high tech items to clamp the spring to avoid some of the dreaded wheel hop.

converter015.jpg

I still have some traction problems, mostly when I shift to second it spins for a bit, sometimes I have to let off.

Back