Im gonna try to break the mustang tomorrow

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
For the first time in over 15 years, planning on driving 100 miles to the nearest 1/4 mile track tomorrow and thrash on the mustang there and drive back.

I race it often near the house but only 1/8 mile tracks, dont know what she will do. Im thinking over 100 at the end of the track. Sounds a little scary, wish me luck.

http://www.racepbir.com/events/icalrepeat.detail/2011/02/13/1999/-/hot-rod-sunday-throwback-at-the-track.html
Keep it between the lines (and off the wall!) Best wishes, let us know the results!

Go for it! Live dangerous again! I used to do that in the 70 with a lot more car than I have now.I would put one slick in the trunk with my tool box and one slick in the back seat.Drive 75 miles one way to the track,run all night and then hit the blvd on the way home.I never even thought about breaking. "Young and Dumb"!

Now I have a brand new 1/4 mile track six miles from my shop door and I will tow there! I never thought I would say it but I seem to have more fun at the 1/8 mile track 30 miles from my house.I just feel more at home there.Only been to the new track 3 times.I plan to go there more this year and get comfortable with it.

Good luck and have a great time!!!

1973_Ford-47.JPG

let her rip , man im jealous lol. i have the need for speed bad here lately and just been to cold.

Hey jorgem2,

as you already know , racing makes you feel alive :) ,adrenalin rush at the starting line is all worth it , winning or losing....

Hope everything stays together & you have a great day. Today it snowed again in my hometown...

race in style...

pics ?

uv

Thanks for all the replies, what an unbelievable time. Me and my son drove 2 hours to the track, bashed the cars for 4 hours and drove back home another 2 hours. My wife and 2 grandchildren were watching in the stands. The weather was awesome, between 60-70 thru the day, there was road racing next door, 2 car shows, kid games etc.

I am so happy, I think I messed up my computer trying to download a video. I'll try again tomorrow.

Last time i was at a 1/4 mile was about 1990 or so, even though I regularly go to nearby 1/8 mile tracks, this one is much nicer.

Here is the only picture I could manage tonight.

converter.jpg

After 3 runs I was so close to my personal best time that I emptied out the trunk, drove around a bit to waste some gas, found a nine sixteen wrench and yanked off the AC belt.

On the last run of the day the majic number appeared.

converter001.jpg

Back