Fabrice

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
@7173Mustang @RocketFoot

Hey guys,
ok, so I've just posted an update to my thread and took some screenshots of some problems

Only Chrome works on mac.
Safari and FF both fail to upload files.

uploaderror.jpg
Smell like someone expect the tmp blob address returned on http request Status after upload, and bets on the wrong request status code.
That's basic request js coding and should be easy fix.

Next, is the IMG insert.
I do miss the intuitive drag drop region. Dunno why they replaced it with this old fashion 2 extra steps way.
Anyway once it's finally in there, the long awaited insert at full width is there to make you forget that detail!! Woohoo!

Unfortunately, the old bug is still ruining the party :(
here to illustrate:

img_w_greaterthanheight.jpg

if I upload an image where the natural width is greater than its natural height: no problem. The image is then displayed 100% of its parent container.

but

img_w_smallerthanheight.jpg

Now an image where the natural height is greater than the natural width, the insert fails. It fails exponentially based on the image height. Because the basic math that is supposed to calculate the in ratio reduction percentage is wrong.
Both images should have the inline width set to the exact same value, in this template case: 956. Not 810 as the container parent is the same.

When I say "should have the inline width", I mean that because they are ment to be displayed in the same container, they should have the same value, but in fact there should not even be there! A basic container.img css with 100% would do it automatically! The insert full option should not even generate the inline strings, only when a size smaller than the natural width within that container should. At least even if this html is wrong, by fixing this basic resizing method to generate the correct inline width and height strings, the display of the images would be as expected.

@7173Mustang @RocketFoot
I know you guys are depending on the soft as is, if you have the php template/js that spit the page string available, I'd gladly help.

@7173Mustang
News regarding the fix of the previous uploads now displayed in low res thumbnails?

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So the fixed images are thumbnails now. Can you give a thread link with an example.

And using Chrome on Mac is one thing I cannot test to see what the issue may be. I'll let the head tech take a look at your comments about the templates.

But, bottom line, if you are using Chrome the images you wish to upload do so if not more than 10KB?

Fabrice

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
still thumbs.

The resizing is still wrong on various pages (if that's not what you ment by letting this the dev look at the template)

The issue with upload is likely faulty js code. I think I recall there is a given order for the request to be made and as this error is triggered even before the server responds. So there must be some minor issue with the way the request is formated. It was working fine in previous version.

All my images are jpgs, downscaled to 1500 width and are usually in the 300-500 kb's range. Totally within the specs of the uploader. I also tested single and multiple cases, fails all the time in Safari, works all the time in Chrome. Seeing that 400, which indeed could be explained by a uncatched server error for being busy, out of memory or if the content exceeds server limit... but that's very unlikely as all works in Chrome,
so my bet goes, as already said, to a wrong js code/formatting of the request.

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The images in that thread do show as uploaded. When in edit mode I can see the images waiting for an insert where they could be inserted full sized.
So if you had longer edit time for that thread, you could get the images in the thread in a larger version.
Would that work for you?

5F199C68-1B5E-4674-94C5-54F7E9001E30.jpeg

This image added via safari on IPadPro.

7173Mustang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to your thread given and tried the first image add as a larger image. I did not take down the current version or save. But I am on the IPadPro with Safari at this time. This is what an edit can do.

E7D74EA1-8812-43F9-AF0A-916321BF1224.png

In this you can see at the top, the current image. Below it is the full image if added from the images to insert at the bottom of the post.

Is that about the size of image you were expecting for each of those smaller images showing in that thread?

Latest posts