Installation advice on a full trunk panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry72

Reaction score
My Car
Blue mustang in process of being restored.
I am currently installing a Dynacorn full trunk panel (goes down behind the rear seat) in my 72 mustang fastback.
I could use any advice from anyone who has done this task? Any pictures would also be great.
I have to install the rear tail light panel after I finish the trunk floor.
Once I complete these two tasks I plan to replace the remaining full floor panel.
Thanks
Jerry

Cut out the center of the taillight panel and it'll slide right in. Don't forget to extract and weld the front fuel tank crossmember on before you weld in the trunk floor, as well as the two tank guide brackets. There are lots of spot welds to drill, just be patient. I cut out the center of the taillight panel, did the trunk floor and outer wheelhouses, then removed the remainder of the taillight panel and the quarter fillers and put it all back together. The quarter fillers came from Don @ Ohio Mustang off a parts car, they are reproduced now. Be sure to fill the holes in the taillight panel for the '73-only bumper filler strip ( and end caps if you're doing quarters)

1644795684296.png
1644795691440.png

1644795724275.png

Thank you for the information. The full trunk is a challenge, but I will get it eventually.

Hello Hemikiller, could you look at my post and thread on my mustang and comment with your advice on the measurement issue I currently found. I want to get the trunk floor within 1/16 inch variance if possible before I weld it in place.
Thanks,
Jerry

Back