Installed my backup cam and dash cam today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all the purists, deal with it.  I need my back up cam in all of my cars and with this Mustang, new to me I definitely need it, hard to see out that window.  My car is just a driver, no more concours shows for me.  With that said, I am slowly putting my interior back together, today I installed my new mirror with backup monitor and I also installed a dash cam.  I did not want a "strap on" monitor for the backup camera so I replaced the mirror with one that contains a monitor.   Getting the wire under the metal trim was a bear as the connection from the monitor to the hard wire ended up under the trim and it was a tad thick, but I did it.  Also put in a dash cam, I run them in all of my cars, crazy drivers here in GA.  Camera is mounted to the top holes in the license plate, painted the body white to try to blend in with the plate a bit,  the wire shows a bit in the picture, still need to tuck that in.

View attachment 42600

View attachment 42601

View attachment 42602

View attachment 42603
Now that you have had your mirror a couple of weeks I was just wondering how it is working and if you like it.   Looking at their model MR-10-M2DVR4  that has both back up and dash cam built into it.    It's a little pricey compare to some of the others but I like the fact that it replaces your existing mirror. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone considered a backup camera where the screen replaces the clock?  I know the shifter may partially obscure it, but it seems like a good use of space.  May have to enlarge the clock opening to make it viable though as the clock is rather small.

I tried that initially using  the partial console, like the one pictured, that holds a clock but that space is too small even with trying to enlarge it a bit.  Smallest screes are about 4". It is also not natural to look so far down when backing up.  That is why I chose to replace the rear view mirror that has a monitor in it.

dc.jpg

sss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back