Interior Door Panel Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
Here's what my interior door panels look like:

I know there's no way to repair them, except charcoal lighter fluid. 🙂

Anyone have experience buying aftermarket deluxe interior door panels? If so, which company did you go with, and how was the result?

Thanks!

Doc

Welter 73 Mustang Driver Door Panel Closeup.jpg

Welter 73 Mustang Interior Door Panel Closeup.jpg

Stay away from Dashes Direct .  They do not fit correctly and are undersize.   TMI are suppose to be good.  Talk to Don at OMS.  He can get you taken care of.    

At least you have white panels. I have never seen any ginger that look right all splotchy. I have been cleaning up parts for my 72 Q vert. i lucked out bought a crashed car with perfect original interior I just have to put the door speaker grill holes in.

i have two white interior cars and will need soon, I hope. 

20200702_181328.jpg

20200702_180133.jpg

20200702_180456.jpg

20200702_181016.jpg

Hey Doc!

I went with a complete set of whichever ones Don (OMS) sells (in fact, I think almost my whole interior except for the cut-pile carpet and TMI Sport seats came from OMS).  They were not bad to work with, just needed a little bit of tweaking of the factory grab handles to fit properly.  They also didn't come with the chrome strip trim that separates the carpet from the vinyl. 

Make sure to get the 'long' door panel clips as well (not the 'short ones').

Back