Interior insulation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Green on green 72 Mach 1
Anyone ever seen the insulation like the attached pictures?
I didn’t think any went behind the rear quarter trim panels. Saw these in an ad.
You can also see a rear seat to trunk divider. Would anyone have a pic of an original rear seat divider?
Would like to know the shape and how it is installed so I can try to make one.
Thanks
IMG_7826.pngIMG_7825.pngIMG_7824.png

Yes, that looks like the factory insulation. It's a jute type with a thin plastic backing in certain locations. The bit I can see on the tunnel looks like it might be typical carpet store jute underlayment. If you carefully remove it, you can use it as a template to make new ones from underlayment.

I believe you get the award for the most sun-damaged quarter trims ever....

Yes, that looks like the factory insulation. It's a jute type with a thin plastic backing in certain locations. The bit I can see on the tunnel looks like it might be typical carpet store jute underlayment. If you carefully remove it, you can use it as a template to make new ones from underlayment.

I believe you get the award for the most sun-damaged quarter trims ever....
😂
That’s not mine it’s from an ad I saw but that’s exactly what I thought about the panels. Not much left of them. I think the stuff on the floor is from the carpet when they pulled it out and it stuck to the floor.
Also looks like that small section on wheel house was covered also.
Have you ever seen a rear seat divider for these cars?

Why do you guys want that stuff? I would use dynamat. Here in Ma we have so many mouse issues we could never run that stuff!

Why do you guys want that stuff? I would use dynamat. Here in Ma we have so many mouse issues we could never run that stuff!
I have never seen a mouse in my house I must say 😆
I’ll use dynamat type material on the floor and firewall/cowl but thinking of using this other stuff behind the rear panels and upper seat.

Back