Interior missing

Copestang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I pick up a 73 fastback Mach 1 with no rear interior, other than seat and lower quarter panel. What all do need, the rear had five hole in it, 2 of them are for speakers. And the rear seat don't seem to fold down

Last edited by a moderator:

will e

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
Greetings and welcome to the board.

Not all fastbacks had the fold down rear seat option. Pictures would be helpful in determining what you need.

will e

VIP Members
Site Supporters
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
great! It's not a fold down rear seat model.

You need a headliner and perhaps the bow's that it uses. The parts between the roof and quarter trim are known as the sail panels. They are available after market. I do not know if they differ from fold down to non-fold down but I suspect they do not.

There might be some trim pieces missing as well, mine is a drop top so I don't know as much but I am sure someone will chime in.

Copestang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Thanks I going order the sail panel and package tray, but there seems to be a panel or something missing under the sail panel

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Here's a shot of mine - yes, there are some trim pieces that border the sail panel and package tray.

attachment.php

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
You might check with some of the vendors that offer used/restored/NOS parts - they are not reproduced.

Not sure what they're called.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
Good luck trying to get ahold of them........Their "888" number has been disconnected, and the other number just rings and rings. I asked on this forum if anyone had ever heard of them, and only got one answer that indicated that possibly this place was just a storefront or something.

Yes they are called sail panel trim panels, and Don at OMS said he had a set. The part numbers are D1ZB-6331112 and D1ZB-6331113................Let me know if you have any luck contacting them.

Hemikiller

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
65 coupe
The rear package tray can be made from hardboard from your local lumber yard. Use a piece of cardboard to make a template. I keys in to the rear trim at the bottom, so measure the slot to make sure you get the right thickness. Attached page from the MPC should help a bit.

Copestang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
what about headliner trim, I found the front and side pieces but don't know what in the rear if anything, would love to see pics