Interior missing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copestang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I pick up a 73 fastback Mach 1 with no rear interior, other than seat and lower quarter panel. What all do need, the rear had five hole in it, 2 of them are for speakers. And the rear seat don't seem to fold down

Last edited by a moderator:
great! It's not a fold down rear seat model.

You need a headliner and perhaps the bow's that it uses. The parts between the roof and quarter trim are known as the sail panels. They are available after market. I do not know if they differ from fold down to non-fold down but I suspect they do not.

There might be some trim pieces missing as well, mine is a drop top so I don't know as much but I am sure someone will chime in.

Thanks I going order the sail panel and package tray, but there seems to be a panel or something missing under the sail panel

Here's a shot of mine - yes, there are some trim pieces that border the sail panel and package tray.

attachment.php

You might check with some of the vendors that offer used/restored/NOS parts - they are not reproduced.

Not sure what they're called.

Good luck trying to get ahold of them........Their "888" number has been disconnected, and the other number just rings and rings. I asked on this forum if anyone had ever heard of them, and only got one answer that indicated that possibly this place was just a storefront or something.

Yes they are called sail panel trim panels, and Don at OMS said he had a set. The part numbers are D1ZB-6331112 and D1ZB-6331113................Let me know if you have any luck contacting them.

The rear package tray can be made from hardboard from your local lumber yard. Use a piece of cardboard to make a template. I keys in to the rear trim at the bottom, so measure the slot to make sure you get the right thickness. Attached page from the MPC should help a bit.

what about headliner trim, I found the front and side pieces but don't know what in the rear if anything, would love to see pics

Back