Interior panel beltline

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Sportsroof Bright Red.

Hi Guys,

Replacing the beltline on the interior panels.  The panels were laying loose in the car and did not have any on them when I got the car.  

The new ones I have seem to fit okay but not for sure how close to the end of the panel they should be.  If I slide them until they stop at the small bend in them they sit back about 1/4 to  3/8 of an inch. See pics below.   Should they be more flush with the end or is this ok? 

I have tried to find some pictures on the internet and this site but have had no luck.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer your original question, the felt is back about 1/4", so the way you have it positioned is correct. I wanted to verify on mine before answering.

To answer your original question, the felt is back about  1/4", so the way you have it positioned is correct. I wanted to verify on mine before answering.

Thanks for taking the time and checking for me.   Wanting to get it right the first time.  

Car is getting painted and I'm trying to get as much ready as I can so when I get it back I can move forward on the getting interior in.

I am also getting ready to replace beltline on interior door panel. How do you remove it from the panel ? Is it glued or stapled to panel ? I have the replacement parts. Thanks for any input. I saw a video on Pony Parts website. they said staple it. I don't see any indication that it is stapled. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you your help. I found the  staples. Will start removing them. Thought clamping new part with c clamp or small vice grips to hold in place when drilling holes. If all goes well I'll add photos as I progress.

Back