Interior Restoration Epiphany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
So I've been driving the 'vert which runs great, but the interior needs some major restoration. Seats cracked, door panels shot to hell, cracked dashpad, radio only has sound on the right side, rear window cranks need Godzilla to crank them, etc.

And I've been lamenting putting together a whole set of OEM or Repop replacement parts, and then trying to get it all fit pit properly like new. After reading several posts tonight, I'm going to embrace the whole RestoMod idea beyond the engine and just build the interior like I want it. Seats, aftermarket radio, custom upholstery, whatever. I'm tired of driving a cool car that gets thumbs up everywhere due to its roar, but yet I am dissatisfied with regarding its aesthetics. Time to pull the trigger on some interior mods!! :exclamation:

A nice set of vintage racing seats would be nice. Seats can cost the same as some of the covering kits. Unless your car is concourse correct a nice restomod is the right way to handle a driver.

I have priced putting a 2010 and up dash and center console in my 71 coupe. I wanted all the electronics to include the air box and stereo with electronic controls. I found a place here that would pull everything of a salvaged car and sell it to me for $500! Only problem is I didn't have the money to put into a dash at the time. I think it would look pretty clean especially if the 2010 controls worked, the only thing I would change is the gauge setup to some nice autometer ones. At that point you would just need seats upholstered and some nice custom door panels made. Yeah so that was what I was thinking, simple, nice, and not over the top.

I support any direction you want to go!

Ive been doing it one piece at a time... after all my Hot Rod is a hobby.

If you are on a budget like me you set priorities and check fleabay or suppliers for deals and do what you can do.

The true joy for me is working on the project... a car that is finished is just that finished... only shining it up

is all that you can do... I've been there.

Enjoy the restoration brother and be proud!

Regards

Paul

I'll be watching this one as well! I've been working on the plan for my interior. Right now I'm thinking classic with non-stock ques. We'll see what happens once I actually have the car again to play with.

Back