Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72ponyboy

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang 302 convertible
I have not seen a picture of a 71-73 convertible with racing seats in. Thinking about going this route as I have two different styles of seats. I don't know if the frame of the high back seat is the same as the standard seat. After the cost of new seat foam and upholstery, the cost is double of what black reclinable racing seats are. This could also eliminate the lap belt seat belt problem I will run into after getting the interior done by using racing seat belts. I would love to see some pics if your convertible has racing seats in them.

We put some Racing Seats in our '73 Vert, I can't remember what brand though; I will check. Just be wary, make sure the seat bracket matches the original holes in the floorpan or you may be doing some drilling trying to get the brackets to line up. Ours are 4-Point harness seats that have the back portion buckle into the seatbelt of the back seats. It means we can't use the back seats for passengers, but honestly who fits back there anyways? What type of pictures are you looking for specifically? I can try to take some if you let me know what you want.

Well if anyone was interested in what it would look like here we go.

I finished laying carpet, installed a new steering wheel, put in racing seats from ebay, I ordered racing seat brackets from ebay. They didn't fit factory holes. I put the front two bolts in factor spots, Then had to drill out back bolts and get them in there. Carpet and steering wheel came from CJ

On a side note: Tighten your lug nuts good - I put them on with an impact but didn't re tighten after driving a few miles - rear wheel came off doing about 40 MPH and i skid out of control but luckily I wasn't hurt, and not that much damage to the car - Project that never ends

9k3r0p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back