Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blmeis

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351C "Q"
View attachment IMG_20151222_175701567.jpgHi everyone. I'm Brian from San Antonio, TX. I have a 73 Mustang Convertible I'm currently restoring. Trying to get it road ready by this spring so we can go cruise the hill country!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I was having some bad knock when she warmed up. I decided to have my 351C 4bbl rebuilt since it hadn't been done before so the engine is in the shop for about another week. Once I get the engine back and get it back in the car I'm gonna have to figure out why my steering is so loose!

Howdy from Phoenix and from another 73 vert owner. I really like the way your car looks. The hood stripes are a nice touch. The lack of chrome molding works well with the color/stripes/top color too. And I like the wheels!

Oh, and you won't get the engine back in another week. haha. Machine shops and painters are never on time. :)

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Now THAT's a cool vert. I looked at it and immediately exclaimed "wow!". My wife said the same btw.

Congrats!!!

Pretty car, good luck with your project. as to the loose steering, inspect the ball joints and the idler and pitman arms. There is a procedure to adjust the steering box as well. Often a good modern alignment makes a lot of difference too.

When I bought my car and drove it home, it was terrifying the steering was so bad. An alignment cured most of the problems. Shocks made a huge difference as well.

Welcome from Illinois! Very nice convertible- although I'm a little partial since I have a 71. But I do like the silver and black combination!

Welcome from Iowa. Nice ride. I am in the process of chasing my down the wayward steering in mine too. I have determined the springs and shocks are shot as are the ball joints and all the bushings as they are all 1973 original.

Welcome, I love seeing another Texan join in. I just wish some of us could get together for a ride, that would look cool with 10-15 cars on the road together.

Welcome, I love seeing another Texan join in. I just wish some of us could get together for a ride, that would look cool with 10-15 cars on the road together.
How about power tour? Its going all thru Texas. Would be a great time to cruise and represent 71-73 styl

Oh yeah, welcome from Nashville

Last edited by a moderator:
Back