Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ygolohcysp

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Q-code
Minimal progress on restoration
Hello. My name is Dan. Many years ago, I bought a 73 Mach 1 as my first car. I learned a LOT with that car. Learned from some great people I worked with at a Western Auto about working on the mechanics of my car. Read a lot about it. Learned a lot about how NOT to do body work from a friend of the family. Unfortunately, learned that by experience. I was an uninformed kid at the time. When I finally got serious about learning what a real restoration would take, I almost gave up due to the cost of just having the right tools. It seems daunting to an 18 year old living on his own. Eventually, I started getting the right tools, replaced all the typical sheet metal, and made my own wheel housings for the quarter panels. Got it close to being ready for paint, and wrecked it due to about 8 deer in the road just beyond the crest of a hill.

That sucked.

So I bought the 73 Mach 1 Q-code body that I have now. I barely got started on it, then got a job travelling, and have spent all my time for the last 8 years travelling. I'm finally getting off the road, and I'm trying to get myself motivated for finally working on this car again. I'm hoping joining this forum can help with that motivation. I've replaced the floor pans, which I still need to weld some on, I've got the original 351 Cleveland that I had rebuilt for my previous car, and I've got a Tremec T-56 6speed that I'm planning on making work. I want to make this a car to drive.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. I'm sure you will find plenty of motivation here to keep you going. Feel free to ask any questions as there is a lot of expertise on this site.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Post some pics when you get a chance. Just jump in and eat that elephant one bite at a time. ;)

::welcome:: from Chesapeake, VA

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of motivation to be had here.. Welcome from SE Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back