Is there a way to disassemble the seat track?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
The base (the part that gets bolted to the car (on the passenger side) was cut (missing the attachment tabs/bolt holes) I have a good track but the locking/adjustment handle goes in the wrong direct (it's a driver's side). Is there is a way to disassemble the track and swap the base? and if so does anyone have clear directions (hopefully with pictures). Or, does anyone have a spare passenger side track (the one with the handle) they would sell at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance

You can take them apart I did recently. If you look in the end of the track you see the end of a leaf spring. If you can get another set of hands hold down that spring and pull on the track it will come apart. There are 8, 1/4" ball bearings in a little cage so they will go flying. Then there are to 3/4" rollers also. Due to vibrations the 1/4" balls beat into the tracks and usually a mess. The 3/4" rollers are usually rusty. Sorry no pics. But I did get them apart. You can get new ball bearings at hardware store. I use the Lucas Red N Tacky # 2 grease on them. One track painted one has Magnesium Phosphate on it.

Back