Is this too much Red

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeystang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351 Cleavland 2v, 2 bbl with C6 transmission
Before I purchased my silver 73 vert, I wanted my next classic car to be red and this is still my long term goal for her. I need all you guys advice on this Mustang paint and interior color scheme. Is it over the top or just right? All feedback is welcome.... This is not mines

red3_zps8c248e16.jpg

red2_zps3233b81b.jpg

red1_zps95db6aad.jpg

Our motto is "build it the way that makes you happy" but that's not what you asked....

I see a lot of "cool" in the red, but if it were mine, I'd make the convertible top cover black as well as the woodgrain inserts in the door interior panels. It is indeed a lot of red.

But I'm a Blue Glow Metallic guy, so what do I know? :p

Worst part about this one is the floor mats IMO.

Seats? Borderline loud, yes. Offensive? No.

Back when I was weeee little, Grandma had a '63 Falcon ragtop that was red on red with white roof. I still have pictures.

Yep.

I'd hit the big red "I want you" button and turn around for this one.

Christina-Aguilera-Cleavage-on-The-Voice-TV-Show-Pics-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that looks pretty nice! The black carpet and black seat trim set it off and I'm basically an all black interior kinda guy!!!! So my opinion if YOU like it do it! I'd own it!

Worst part about this one is the floor mats IMO.

Seats? Borderline loud, yes. Offensive? No.

Back when I was weeee little, Grandma had a '63 Falcon ragtop that was red on red with white roof. I still have pictures.

Yep.

I'd hit the big red "I want you" button and turn around for this one.

Christina-Aguilera-Cleavage-on-The-Voice-TV-Show-Pics-1.jpg
LOL I like that.. Thanks for the feedback. I just wanted you guys opinion of this Red on Red Mustang that I came across on the internet. The interior is over the top in my opinion but the overall car has class, IMO... Thanks and keep the feedback comming....

That is definitely not too much red.

I think the stripes on the seat and the floor mats are outstanding.

And, I absolutely love the red convertible top cover because it just disappears into the car.

In fact, I got the perfect hat/suit for this car:

images_stock_esellerpro_49311%20XL.jpg

All kidding aside, I like it.

That's over the top/gawdy to the point I'm surprised the wheels are so small,lol

But seeing as how red on red is pretty lame/unimaginative and black seats w/ a convertible is not very smart either.I would have just gone w/ white interior or maybe even repainted it black exterior w/ red stripes/trim on the outside and red interior then, but otherwise I would not have done that

and I also wouldn't put the mach 1 stickers on a vert....the stripes are fine but the stickers are just asking to get called out

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting Mach I stickers on a convertible is like putting a condom on Paris Hilton. They not only don't belong, they don't fit, and they are of no use, and who wants to go there anyway.

That is a lot of red. I think black floor mats, as previously mentioned, and change the red top boot to black would be a lot better contrast.

The stripes look fine as they were available on any model, but I would not put the Mach 1 sticker on a vert.

More red than I care for, I'd go with a black or white interior, personally.

It sure is bright.

It looks good and really stands out, nothing wrong in having something a bit different especially if YOU like it, I think it's fine if you do as well then you've got a keeper

Too much of a good thing isn't allways a good thing, If the seats were done in black with red were the black bits are, It would be a good start, in balancing out the coulour combo...

It's a lot of red! I think it'd be better with a white interior....just my opinion!

I like the hockey sticks on the vert and since they were available on a very I'd go with them....as for the mach one stickers.....nope

Back