Junkyard cars

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 351 4V 4-speed convert
I was out hunting for parts and found these 71/72 coupes and a very sad looking Galaxie convertible so I thought I'd post some pics. The convertible and the one coupe would make us all feel better about our cars we are working on! On the other hand, there are three pretty decent looking standard interior door panels in blue if anyone is in need so I attached a pic of one those as well.

DSCF7321.JPG

DSCF7322.JPG

DSCF7325.JPG

DSCF7326.JPG

DSCF7328.JPG

Wish I could find some good yards around here!

Thanks for sharing the pics. That Galaxie looks like it is beyond hope.

Hey, I think I have some NOS parts for that Spitfire.

I could use the blue door panels if they are any count. That was only pic that showed up tiny.
Here is a larger photo of the door panels.

DSCF7322b.JPG

If you are interested, let me know and I'll ask the yard owner. He is a good guy and reasonable ( in my opinion ) on prices. Other than his price it would just be a matter of figuring out shipping. Do you want me to check and price the panels for you and send you more pics? I'm not sure how a transaction to ship to the States would work but I can find out if you want.

Let me know.

Regards,

Thanks for sharing the pics. That Galaxie looks like it is beyond hope.

Hey, I think I have some NOS parts for that Spitfire.
The yard owner said the Galaxie came in as 2 pieces but he shoved them back together. I have a 64 Galaxie XL convertible sitting in the garage that I've had for a very long time so that's why I photographed it but it did make it a little difficult to look at the one in the scrap yard. I know what the frame looks like under one of those cars so it must have been really abused to wind up split in 2...

As for the Spitfire I've noticed it before and thought it was kind of unusual with the hardtop. Not sure if it is a removable hardtop or if it was manufactured as a coupe. I've only ever seen roadster versions of that model.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey...where are those cars? I'm looking for a hood, fenders and such (of which neither of these two seem to have a straight piece on them) but I'm also keeping my eyes open for a rear seat for my 72 coupe. I'll need to recover anything I find but my current rear seat kind of had a mouse chew off the corners at some point in it's life.

Is there anything left of the headlight trim/front signal lights ... or gas cap?

hey...where are those cars? I'm looking for a hood, fenders and such (of which neither of these two seem to have a straight piece on them) but I'm also keeping my eyes open for a rear seat for my 72 coupe. I'll need to recover anything I find but my current rear seat kind of had a mouse chew off the corners at some point in it's life.

Is there anything left of the headlight trim/front signal lights ... or gas cap?

[ /quote]

They are in Ontario. Both are 302 engined coupes. I think the grills and headlight bezels are gone but I can check. Not much is left of the cars but I was amazed at the condition of the interior door panels. I know the backseat was pulled on one of the cars because I raided it for screws and seatbelt hardware last year. Do you want me to check the second for a backseat and send pics? It is a bit far from Western Canada. However, once again, if you want something the yard owner is reasonable on prices.

PM me if you want me to look and send pics.

The Spitfire looks in better shape than most of the ones I see being driven on the road.

Back