Just joined from Chicago Il.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Elk Grove Village!

Last edited:
Hi, My name is Tom and I just joined this forum today. I just recently purchased a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 in Vegas and shipped it back here to the Chicago area to begin the restoration. I have restored a few cars but never a Mustang. Mostly Camaro's and Chevelle's because they are easier to find and parts are available and more affordable but not want I really wanted. I had a 73 Mach 1 in high school and have always wanted another and I am finally going to get as close as I can. This 71 has a fold down rear seat like my 73 did and same drive train and options mostly. Because the car was originally dark green and not Grabber Blue and I am not a green guy, I plan to paint it Wimbledon White with black stripes like my 73 was. Only with 71 correct stripes of course. View attachment 59077

This is a picture of the 71 as I purchased it in Vegas in November 2021View attachment 59078View attachment 59079

These are pictures of the 73 I had back in high school

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from you guys as I proceed through the restoration of this 71 Mach 1 - Thanks
Welcome to our forum. Looks like a nice car to move forward with.

Latest posts

Back