Just when you yhink you have heard it all....

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Ron Tanzi

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 bright red, standard black interior,pb,ps
gauge package.rim blow steering wheel,15" magnum 500s,351 C 2bbl running a 4bbl Holley 600,MSD 6a with stock distributor and Pertronix,Comp cam mild grind, The Engine(rebuilt by me in 2002 for the second time the first rebuild I did was stock in 1995) made 305hp and 358 lb ft on the dyno. 9" 2.75 rear end,Global west sub frame connectors,620 front coils.Rear defroster. My parents bought my car brand new the year before I was born. I cherish it like my child.
Preserved rust. Enough said.

mjseakan

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande
:chin: Maybe that explains why my rust won't just go away! It's been preserved.

Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Looks like a parts car with that much rust. That trunk opening is horrible.

Hey we use to preserve the rust with duck tape then bondo. They actually made a tape to tape over the rust holes to apply the bondo to. Looks great for a few months then the small pox shows up.

donkost

Reaction score
My Car
Long time Pontiac guy, jumped ship, now driving a '71 Grabber Green Mach 1 with "J" code 429 Cobra Jet, close-ratio 4 speed, 3.50 Traction-Lok rear.
Yes that is the key statement: "most of the original rust has been carefully preserved with filler". Would the original rust be the rust from the factory? And at least it was carefully preserved. I would hate to see a rush job done with this.