Just wondering

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

dexleo2

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
Hello everyone,

I have a 1972 Mach 1 shell buried in the back of my barn and today i was looking at it and was wondering what I should do with it. Its not in bad shape body wise and I feel its too go to send to the crusher.

So I was thinking of maybe building a drag car out of it, and was wondering if there where any build threads out there. Yes I did a search and really didn't come up with much, but i'm also not that great on the computer.

I could restore it but, there is a lot of the interior I would have to run down and that seems to be where I spent piles of money on my other mustangs I restored.

Since I have spent half my life racing dirt track a buddy of mine said I should build a old school dirt car out of it... I told him I only do that to chevy's since they are dime a dozen....

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
There are quite a few with nice drag cars on here. Some are street/strip cars but they could shed some light on your project idea.

Good luck! Post up some pics.

Ray

Don65Stang

Super Mods
Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Agree with Ray, post some pics. A race car could be fun but I agree with you that it's better to use the dime a dozen makes for that activity.

dexleo2

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
I have not dug it out yet but I will shortly then I will get you some pics.... I will not build it into a circle track car. Still researching which direction I want to go with it... either drag racing or SCCA road racing car... done both and enjoy them both...

73pony

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
My personal preference would be the SCCA car. I had a 1963 Triumph Spitfire that I used to race on occasion. It was a blast. Surprisingly the little 1296CC motor was a blast to drive.