Just wondering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1
Hello everyone,

I have a 1972 Mach 1 shell buried in the back of my barn and today i was looking at it and was wondering what I should do with it. Its not in bad shape body wise and I feel its too go to send to the crusher.

So I was thinking of maybe building a drag car out of it, and was wondering if there where any build threads out there. Yes I did a search and really didn't come up with much, but i'm also not that great on the computer.

I could restore it but, there is a lot of the interior I would have to run down and that seems to be where I spent piles of money on my other mustangs I restored.

Since I have spent half my life racing dirt track a buddy of mine said I should build a old school dirt car out of it... I told him I only do that to chevy's since they are dime a dozen....

There are quite a few with nice drag cars on here. Some are street/strip cars but they could shed some light on your project idea.

Good luck! Post up some pics.

Ray

Agree with Ray, post some pics. A race car could be fun but I agree with you that it's better to use the dime a dozen makes for that activity.

I have not dug it out yet but I will shortly then I will get you some pics.... I will not build it into a circle track car. Still researching which direction I want to go with it... either drag racing or SCCA road racing car... done both and enjoy them both...

My personal preference would be the SCCA car. I had a 1963 Triumph Spitfire that I used to race on occasion. It was a blast. Surprisingly the little 1296CC motor was a blast to drive.

Back