KP CARBS Kurt Praxl carburetors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Q-code convertible
Hi guys,

Earlier this year I managed to get hold of 2 1973 ford mustang 4300D carburetors with the help of forum members.

After doing some research, I decided to have the carburetors posted to Kurt Praxl. This guy used to work for Pony Carburetors and has experience with the 4300D model. Initially the communication went really well and he kept me up to date with everything and finished the rebuilt in about 3 weeks. Then the problems started....

He shipped 2 4300D's in a thin carton box , wrapped the carbs in paper without any other protection! Both carburetors arrived damaged because they had been bouncing into each other during transport. After some emails he offered to repair them free of charge and then ship the carbs back for free. I accepted his offer.... I wrapped the carbs in thick foam and other protective material. then I put them in a very strong carton box and posted the carbs back to him. After a month the carbs were ready. 

When I received the box, it was even smaller and thinner than the other one! I opened the box, both carburetors where wrapped in some old bubble wrap plastic that had lost it's effectiveness because most of the air pockets were empty after being used multiple times.... no foam or other material was used to protect the carburetors! Guess what? Both carbs damaged again! Even worse than the first time!  I could not believe that he didn't protect the carbs better this time.... 

So I contacted him informing that the carbs did arrive damaged again! The unbelievable thing is that he doesn't reply to my emails anymore! I haven't insulted him or using swear words . I told him that I am disappointed and furious because he didn't protect the carbs properly again. I have invested $1000 and now I have nothing....

I have never experienced this kind of customer treatment in my life!

Any advise on how to deal with this? This guy is not replying to my emails anymore, so what are my options? I can't even put a claim in with the shipping company , because the sender has to do it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sad. If the guy does good work why not take some pride in it and pack it right? Especially since he knew things went bad the first time. Who needs the aggravation over the cost of some foam and a good box? Maybe he's getting out of the business and he doesn't give a damn any more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have experienced the  same difficulty with Kurt Praxl.

On a ford 4100 carb he send to be had a mud wasps  on the underneath cavity side of the carb, a vacuum pocket. He also left  the AIR DISPERSION   of the  booster venturi causing the carb not to  when given throttle.

I sent this task to him  I did not  to do it as he was supposedly a professional with quality  and  to do the task. Last time I built autolite 4100 carbs was 30 years ago.

Now here I am trying  the garbage he . I should have rebuilt them myself.

He refuses to my calls and messages also.

STAY AWAY from  as  another name he calls himself.

Back