KYB Gas Adjust vs. KYB GR-2/Excel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach 1 351 ram air
[url=https://ibb.co/R9rNbJs][img]https://i.ibb.co/376vdPj/DSC06636.jpg[/img][/url]
Does anyone have first hand experience with the KYB Gas Adjust shock?

Their GR-2/Excel shock is advertised as upgrade over stock yet not as harsh/stiff as their Gas Adjust shock.

I'm about to order all new front suspension components from Rock Auto.  The KYB's have a $100.00 rebate

promotion going on until the 30th.  I'd like to order one of these two KYB options while I'm at it.

Any thoughts...

Their GR-2/Excel shock is advertised as upgrade over stock yet not as harsh/stiff as their Gas Adjust shock.

I'm about to order all new front suspension components from Rock Auto.  The KYB's have a $100.00 rebate

promotion going on until the 30th.  I'd like to order one of these two KYB options while I'm at it.

Any thoughts...
i  found the KYB gas adjust  to be very harsh for every day driving  and switch to the excel

Any thoughts...
i  found the KYB gas adjust  to be very harsh for every day driving  and switch to the excel
Agreed. Granted, my Gas adjusts were fifteen years old, but they were always harsh, but felt that way from the start. Pretty happy with the Excels until I get my Konis rebuilt.

Thanks guys, but it's my 67 that has the full Global West treatment.

That car is stiff and tight.  Handles great with the Falken Azenis RT615K's and Billstein shocks.

The car has power nothing...

These are for my 72 Mach which I want to be a more comfortable ride.

Power steering, brakes, air, ect...  I didn't want the KYB gas shocks to make the car harsh, so I went with the GR-2 KYB's.

I've heard....that Gas-A-Just in front and GR2/Excel in rear works well. I have used GR2s in the past on Opels and really liked them.

Back