• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

"Lambo" style door hinges, kinda sorta work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
These were on my car when I got it. They kinda worked, the doors pivot with help but don't stay up. (One cylinder is missing, the other wouldn't hold the weight up)

They do not look like they were made for our cars. They had a new hole drilled in the jamb plates, and bolted on with the 1 bolt per hinge. The rest of the holes on the hinges don't line up with anything on the car. 

I am going back to stock hinges. I hate to throw these in the scrap, they are 1/4" thick. maybe someone can make them work, or re-purpose them for ???

If someone wants them, they are free, just cover the shipping. They are quite heavy, so be aware shipping may not be cheap, especially if you are far from Michigan. Let me know, and these beauties can be yours! Earl

2017-12-19 17.54.31.jpg

2017-12-19 17.54.55.jpg

IMG_20160913_1233559121.jpg

Hello I will take them ....and eliminate the the need for shipping !!! Let me know where you are (I cover the state of MI) for work ....just not driving to UP in winter! Let me know WHAT you need for your car.....if I'm making the trip I will bring you stuff.

Mark

P.S. Before someone post "are you putting on your Boss 351"......NO some day there will be a Mougar in my hands (Lambo doors will be just PURRfect on that cat/horse!

I am in Battle Creek. My house is like 2 blocks off I94, or can bring to work during the day, that is about 15 minutes away. If that will work for you, they are yours! Let me know when you are coming this way, and we'll make it happen. I'll see what else I need, got most of my stuff gathered, possibly need some interior stuff? Thanks! Earl

I am in Battle Creek. My house is like 2 blocks off I94, or can bring to work during the day, that is about 15 minutes away. If that will work for you, they are yours! Let me know when you are coming this way, and we'll make it happen. I'll see what else I need, got most of my stuff gathered, possibly need some interior stuff? Thanks! Earl
Ok let's get through Christmas and let me know what you need

Happy to give you stuff too

Mark

These were on my car when I got it. They kinda worked, the doors pivot with help but don't stay up. (One cylinder is missing, the other wouldn't hold the weight up)

They do not look like they were made for our cars. They had a new hole drilled in the jamb plates, and bolted on with the 1 bolt per hinge. The rest of the holes on the hinges don't line up with anything on the car. 

I am going back to stock hinges. I hate to throw these in the scrap, they are 1/4" thick. maybe someone can make them work, or re-purpose them for ???

If someone wants them, they are free, just cover the shipping. They are quite heavy, so be aware shipping may not be cheap, especially if you are far from Michigan. Let me know, and these beauties can be yours! Earl
Wow!  I remember when you originally posted this.  That car is SO lucky to have you.  ::thumb::

Also noticed you haven't been here in awhile - any updates on your project?

Back