Land speed 71-73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Does anyone here know or know of Ed Voss? I stumbled upon this guys name and could only find this photo of the car. He is the current C/C production land speed record holder at 221.871 MPH at Bonneville. It would be cool to know more details and of course more photos...

IMG_4149.JPG

I have a friend who races at Bonneville. It is a demanding and EXPENSIVE endeavor. Chuck

Very interesting story, but I don't understand this part:

"The years of endurance/average speed racing disappeared in 1935 when Sir Malcolm Campbell of Britain became the first man to break the 300 mile barrier on land with a speed of 301.129. The line was drawn."

Was there really a car that did 300mph in 1935?!

Does anyone here know or know of Ed Voss? I stumbled upon this guys name and could only find this photo of the car. He is the current C/C production land speed record holder at 221.871 MPH at Bonneville. It would be cool to know more details and of course more photos...

View attachment 63320
That would be me. [email protected]

This is very interesting! I just watched a movie last night called "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Sir Anthony Hopkins! About Burt Munroe from New Zealand and his 1920 Indian. Very cool and true story.

Hello Ed, welcome from Colorado. You must have some interesting stories to tell us.

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your accomplishment and obviously choosing the best car to get you there. Little Bias going on with that. As others have stated, it would be a pleasure to hear more of the back story on choosing your car and setting the record. I know George Poteet and he really loves the salt.

Latest posts

Back