last year for clevelands

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLWELD488

Reaction score
My Car
1972 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE
i did a search but didnt find much, can anyone tell me what the last year they made clevelands before they changed to midified.

i did a search but didnt find much, can anyone tell me what the last year they made clevelands before they changed to midified.
1974 is the last year car you will find a 351C in. Ford made service engines till 1975.

1975 and up was the 351 Modified or Michigan engine and was similar but not the same engine.

The 351M is a absolute PIG. Big heavy piston on a short rod in a tall block. Other than that it is perfect.

The 400M is better and you can build a really torquey low end motor but it has a big block bell housing pattern so you have to swap out transmissions as well. Now you are into linkage and fitment issues.

- Paul

Correct about the Aussie clevo's. Early 83 was the last ones in passenger cars (Fairlane and LTD) for private customers and mainly 302's, and only Police ordered vehicles for Falcons (mainly 351 for hi-way patrol) Only Cleveland's were put into F-trucks and Broncos until early 85. After that it was 6 cylinder power in passenger and commercial vehicles (unless F-truck/Bronco) until late 91 when the 302 Windsor returned in the EB range and now we're on the wind down to the end of Aussie made Fords, so it will be very doubtful that a 4 door V8 powered Ford will be seen in this country again and definitely not a locally designed and made one.

Back