Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
I am looking for the len that covers the gauges for a tachometer car.

I do not need the complete assembly, just the len.

BT

71steed

Reaction score
My Car
66 GT coupe
67 GTA convertible
69 Fastback, Boss 429 clone
69 GT coupe
71 Sports coupe
71 Mach 1
73 Mach 1
I am looking for the len that covers the gauges for a tachometer car.

I do not need the complete assembly, just the len.

BT
They don't repo that piece. It's the same as standard except for the odometer reset. If all else fails, I have the reset push button for the odometer.

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
I actually have a complete standard gauge assembly. I guess if all else fails, I will have to modify that one.

I was just hoping that someone had one from a parts car or something.

BT

71steed

Reaction score
My Car
66 GT coupe
67 GTA convertible
69 Fastback, Boss 429 clone
69 GT coupe
71 Sports coupe
71 Mach 1
73 Mach 1
I actually have a complete standard gauge assembly. I guess if all else fails, I will have to modify that one.

I was just hoping that someone had one from a parts car or something.

BT
Those lenses are hard to find alone because sometimes they break and nobody reproduces them. In the past, when either the gas gauge lens or the tach side lens is broke or cracked, I take a standard lens and cut the lens in a section behind the bezel that wont show when mounted, and glue them together. If the speedo side WITH the trip meter reset is cracked or broke, then you are in the same boat you are now; trying to find somebody who will part with the lens without the cluster. Another option is to remove the tripometer/speedo gauge and replace it with a standard speedometer. This way you can utilize the tach (Considering you have the correct circuit board) and have a lens, which Don sells new.

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
I'm coming to Memphis on the 12th-I can bring you the one I have if you want to coordinate meeting me, buying me a drink and taking the part ;)
My Restorer (who actually broke the len:)) is under the impression that he will be able to pick up one while in Columbus...we will see.

Dependent upon your availability while in Memphis, perhaps we can get together for lunch. Being a weekend, the First Lady and my 15 year old Son usually have my afternoon and evening "booked up."

Thanks for the offer, Jeff!

\

BT

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
Pulled the lens out of the basement and #$&*%*&^ it has been scratched, in spite of being wrapped up and boxed relatively carefully. I let my neighbor and another friend use my tools when I am away and I am going to have to have a talk with both of them. It is a shame that my children are more responsible than my friends.

It can be saved, but it is a shame to spend time on a small available part. I'll bring it with me-I'm staying at the Peabody but Mom is off Highland and I head back East to Nashville, so at some point I'll be nearby.

Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
No problem with the lens Jeff.

As I stated above, I actually have a non-tach one already and my Restorer has assured me that he will be able to replace the one he cracked:).

BT

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang Mach 1, 429CJ, J Code SOLD 3/2016

1971 Boss 351 Mustang
Medium Yellow Gold
From Kim Miller Collection
Pulled the lens out of the basement and #$&*%*&^ it has been scratched, in spite of being wrapped up and boxed relatively carefully. I let my neighbor and another friend use my tools when I am away and I am going to have to have a talk with both of them. It is a shame that my children are more responsible than my friends.

It can be saved, but it is a shame to spend time on a small available part. I'll bring it with me-I'm staying at the Peabody but Mom is off Highland and I head back East to Nashville, so at some point I'll be nearby.
You can polish the lens with a product called "Novus". They have a deep scratch and light scratch polish then a little spray protectant. You will be amazed how good it will look with very effort.

not2old

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
I may have 2 of them,Tach and standard. Need to get up into garage attic to find them.

Alan L