• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Len for Gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for the len that covers the gauges for a tachometer car.

I do not need the complete assembly, just the len.

BT
They don't repo that piece. It's the same as standard except for the odometer reset. If all else fails, I have the reset push button for the odometer.

I actually have a complete standard gauge assembly. I guess if all else fails, I will have to modify that one.

I was just hoping that someone had one from a parts car or something.

BT

I actually have a complete standard gauge assembly. I guess if all else fails, I will have to modify that one.

I was just hoping that someone had one from a parts car or something.

BT
Those lenses are hard to find alone because sometimes they break and nobody reproduces them. In the past, when either the gas gauge lens or the tach side lens is broke or cracked, I take a standard lens and cut the lens in a section behind the bezel that wont show when mounted, and glue them together. If the speedo side WITH the trip meter reset is cracked or broke, then you are in the same boat you are now; trying to find somebody who will part with the lens without the cluster. Another option is to remove the tripometer/speedo gauge and replace it with a standard speedometer. This way you can utilize the tach (Considering you have the correct circuit board) and have a lens, which Don sells new.

I'm coming to Memphis on the 12th-I can bring you the one I have if you want to coordinate meeting me, buying me a drink and taking the part ;)
My Restorer (who actually broke the len:)) is under the impression that he will be able to pick up one while in Columbus...we will see.

Dependent upon your availability while in Memphis, perhaps we can get together for lunch. Being a weekend, the First Lady and my 15 year old Son usually have my afternoon and evening "booked up."

Thanks for the offer, Jeff!

\

BT

Pulled the lens out of the basement and #$&*%*&^ it has been scratched, in spite of being wrapped up and boxed relatively carefully. I let my neighbor and another friend use my tools when I am away and I am going to have to have a talk with both of them. It is a shame that my children are more responsible than my friends.

It can be saved, but it is a shame to spend time on a small available part. I'll bring it with me-I'm staying at the Peabody but Mom is off Highland and I head back East to Nashville, so at some point I'll be nearby.

No problem with the lens Jeff.

As I stated above, I actually have a non-tach one already and my Restorer has assured me that he will be able to replace the one he cracked:).

BT

Pulled the lens out of the basement and #$&*%*&^ it has been scratched, in spite of being wrapped up and boxed relatively carefully. I let my neighbor and another friend use my tools when I am away and I am going to have to have a talk with both of them. It is a shame that my children are more responsible than my friends.

It can be saved, but it is a shame to spend time on a small available part. I'll bring it with me-I'm staying at the Peabody but Mom is off Highland and I head back East to Nashville, so at some point I'll be nearby.
You can polish the lens with a product called "Novus". They have a deep scratch and light scratch polish then a little spray protectant. You will be amazed how good it will look with very effort.

Back