let's hear what other hobbies or passions you all have

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool stuff Spiral.........keep at it with the CNC...you could make stuff for us!!! LOL!!:D
Thanks! I just need some serious money to buy a machine and program lol. I'm thinking of applying to some local machine shops for an internship, maybe I'll be able to :)!

As to another hobbie. Im big and i mean big in to the the off road world. While stationed down in NC. Thats pretty much all i did on my free time. I just recently got rid of my ole cherokee. She didnt have one straight body panel on her when i sold it. More currently i have an 06 tj that gets flogged any chance i can. The 06 was bought with only 24k miles on her less then a year ago. I know have nearly 40k and most of those miles are off road. I am an avid member on most of the big builder and off road sites.

I am also a fabricator. I make all of my own parts if they can be made i make them. from panels, cages dashs, suspensions, frames, exhause, headers, pretty much antyhing.

My cherokee

IMG_1316-1.jpg

And the tj

DSC02880.jpg

DSC02837-2.jpg

As to another hobbie. Im big and i mean big in to the the off road world. While stationed down in NC. Thats pretty much all i did on my free time. I just recently got rid of my ole cherokee. She didnt have one straight body panel on her when i sold it. More currently i have an 06 tj that gets flogged any chance i can. The 06 was bought with only 24k miles on her less then a year ago. I know have nearly 40k and most of those miles are off road. I am an avid member on most of the big builder and off road sites.

I am also a fabricator. I make all of my own parts if they can be made i make them. from panels, cages dashs, suspensions, frames, exhause, headers, pretty much antyhing.
That stuff looks like fun.. Do you wear a cup for that? lol

Its a blast. Expensive. but a blast. I would have to say more expensive then the mustangs are. Every time we go out somethings gonna break and need replaced. You gotta pay to play.

I spend a lot of time renovating my house with my wife, landscaping the back yard (it was a half acre of weeds and gravel when we moved here 4 years ago), and I used to play guitar and sing a lot. Now I've got the convertible project to keep me busy (quote from my wife: "If you've got time to work on that car, you've got time to finish drywalling the living room!) LOL So I stay pretty busy. :)

As far as cars go, I'm a huge mustang fan (obviously) and that probably started when my mom bought a little used blue mustang II when I was a kid back in the 80's. I've been spending a lot of time lately working on my wife's 1993 VW Cabriolet. Like many of you here, I enjoy designing and creating websites, as well as programming the back ends. I'm a java guy, so I do alot of J2EE stuff, and more recently Groovy on Grails. I used to be a pretty avid video gamer, but other hobbies have kind of pushed that to the side. I do collect old video game equipment -- mostly Atari 2600 stuff. I generally just enjoy being creative, whether that's drawing, trying to teach myself guitar, or building 25' tall Statue of Liberties out of cardboard for fundraisers. I just like to do things that make people go "WTF?"

Some examples:

My "Mowstang":

photo%204.JPG

The previously mentioned Statue of Liberty:

P1000786.JPG

I've been known to beat a drum every so often as well. Sorta got out of it as have shoulder problems from on the job shoulder injury...

I have cut down my drum inventory in the last few years. Down to two drum kits and about 24 Zildjian Cymbals...

Here is a pic of Mach's Monster...If your a not a drummer, it is a bunch of drums and cymbals. If you are a drummer, it is a Tama Rockstar and Granstar mix with 18 drums, 15 zildjians, plus chimes, octabans, cowbells and other stuff. Just thought it would be fun to throw all together. This was a combination of my Gig kit and Practice kit on a big Gibraltar rack.

loft01.jpg

Mach\'s Monster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been known to beat a drum every so often as well. Sorta got out of it as have shoulder problems from on the job shoulder injury...

I have cut down my drum inventory in the last few years. Down to two drum kits and about 24 Zildjian Cymbals...

Here is a pic of Mach's Monster...If your a not a drummer, it is a bunch of drums and cymbals. If you are a drummer, it is a Tama Rockstar and Granstar mix with 18 drums, 15 zildjians, plus chimes, octabans, cowbells and other stuff. Just thought it would be fun to throw all together. This was a combination of my Gig kit and Practice kit on a big Gibraltar rack.
Awesome! Your drum set has roll bars! You gotta post a video of a drum solo! :D

I have all sorts of hobbies - and not nearly enough time in the day to get to all of them.

For instance: I love working on cars (self-taught just because I'm interested), off-road fabrication, auto-body work, woodworking, building models, creating/maintaining webpages, computer graphics, drawing painting, airbrushing, playing music (low brass instruments with concert bands and brass quintets) racing R/C cars, building/tweaking/modding computers, and hanging with my friends (which usually involves helping them with their projects).

Examples of my hobbies can be found on my personal website (it's at home on DSL, so the pictures will load slowly), but here's a small sample of some of the things I've been doing to pass the time:

Jeep bumper (so far): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22189&id=100000027814872&l=e6c66fe267

Recently repaired my Mom's '97 T-Bird (which is why I decided to take on my Mach 1 project after succeeding with her car): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24852&id=100000027814872&l=0d5ed3ff9c

The last thing I drew a few years ago: http://www.mister4x4.net/artworks/eagle2small.JPG

My coolest computer mod: http://www.wcc.net/~mr4x4/buildingrusty.htm

And finally, my home website: http://www.mister4x4.net

My Mach 1 project's going to keep me busy for quite awhile though.

Cool, I've often thought about getting a high end r/c racer...but it would have to be gas powered! I kind of like those drift racer r/c's...LOL! Looks like a load of fun!

Cool Stuff, 72HCode.

I've still got my original Kyosho Pegasus electric buggy from 1985, as well as a second one.

I've also got a few nitro cars (road racers) as well: Kyosho SuperTen GP, HPI Super Nitro RS4, and an HPI Nitro RS4. All three are AWD and have 2-speed transmissions, but only the SuperTen is shaft drive - the HPIs are both belt drive. I got tired of the car and feeding of the batteries and motors, and preferred the smell of nitro exhaust anyway. My last run with the SuperTen blew up the stock Kyosho GT-15 and roached the tranny, so it'll be back to a single-speed with an OS-Max CV-X .15 providing the power.

But, they'll all be on the shelf for at least the next year or so thanks to my Mach 1 project.

I have a few pegasus buggies, working on restoring an icarus now. have supertens also, lots of older MK2s also some hpis as well, i have more electric then gas.

the horror

100_2754.jpg

100_2573.jpg

just did a rocky

100_2721.jpg

I stopped counting them all after a few hundred :D

Wow! Look at all those gorgeous Tamiya Bruisers (and Mountaineers)!! And the Kyosho Optimas! Awesome!! I'd always wanted a Turbo Optima, but was too young and po' for such things. I'd thought about picking up a Serpent Vector - but couldn't justify the cost back then.

Oh yeah, I also forgot about my Traxxas Nitro Hawk. I used to race my SuperTen with my buddies running some HPI NRS4s, an RC-10T (with street foams), a Traxxas 4-Tec, and a Yokomo YR-4. We'd set up some road courses with lots of garden hoses and duct tape just about every Saturday morning for several months in '98 and just have a ball. Good times!

You have quite a collection there! >

i was a yoko man back in the day, i've been restoring some yz-10s and i have a Mx-4 i used to race also.

100_2565.jpg

i have like 20 projects on hold due to lack of time at the moment

Back