Living in SC now and enjoying my retirement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
I am back. We finally are moved in SC. I made 3 trips with a truck to move all our crap to SC. We had to do it in stages because my wife was working in SC and I was still working in MI.
I am adjusting to the heat and looking forward to a nice fall in the south. The roads are good and gas is cheap so it been good so far. The DMV was fun to get plates and titles but I figured it out after making 2 trip there.

Looking forward to checking out the car show scene in the area. I live near Indian land SC and Waxhaw NC. I am about 45 minutes from Charlotte.

John J

Welcome back and enjoy your new home! I've lived in both NC and SC, beautiful country and some good BBQ. There were quite a few Mustang clubs and car shows throughout the region back then (1990s). Hope you can find some of them still active.

That is encouraging to hear. I am so weary of being in a state run by liberal idiots (NY). We have gone through the Carolinas on our way toFlorida and back, and stopped to see some friends in the Carolinas. Myrtle Beach is now our Go To destination for our little road trips. Just driving through those snow-less states get my mind turning... Because we are so deeply rooted up here near Rochester it will take more than it otherwise would or should to move. But if the side effects of the bail bond reform, release of many prisoners long before their sentences had been served, and the additional draconian gun laws being heaped ever higher on its residents, and thereby smothering our rights and compromising our safety as law abiding persons, it may not take a lot more abuse to blast us out of here.

Last edited:
Welcome to South Carolina! We have a cruise in York every second Saturday. There were 102 cars last month. They have it all year, but of course attendance falls pretty hard as the weather changes.
It’s about 45 minutes or so from Indian Land. Come try it out sometime!

Well, sorry to loose a fellow Michigander but happy to hear your all moved in. I’m sure you will be happy with your move. It’s already getting cold here, had to turn the heat on this morning. Woke up and it was 63 in my house, it went down to around 40 outside last night.
Anyway John, hope everything goes good for you in SC!

John, glad to learn you are now in your new home in SC. I take it you got your Mustang there without problems. You were taking about transportation companies.
I was visiting friends in Hendersonville NC back in mid-June. They have a nice car show every Friday evening. We also were treated to a road trip into SC as well as through the mountains in NC. Awesome countryside.

Well, sorry to loose a fellow Michigander but happy to hear your all moved in. I’m sure you will be happy with your move. It’s already getting cold here, had to turn the heat on this morning. Woke up and it was 63 in my house, it went down to around 40 outside last night.
Anyway John, hope everything goes good for you in SC!
Dropping temps. I know what you mean. I was at the local A&W cruise night last evening and had to break out the winter coat. Our house temp was also on the chilly side this morning, but wifey refuses to kick the heat on just yet. I'm shivering!!!!

That is encouraging to hear. I am so weary of being in a state run by liberal idiots (NY). We have gone through the Carolinas on our way toFlorida and back, and stopped to see some friends in the Carolinas. Myrtle Beach is now our Go To destination for our little road trips. Just driving through those snow-less states get my mind turning... Because we are so deeply rooted up here near Rochester it will take more than it otherwise would or should to move. But if the side effects of the bail bond reform, release of many prisoners long before their sentences had been served, and the additional draconian gun laws being heaped ever higher on its residents, and theby smothering our rights and compromising our safety as law abiding persons, it may not take a lot more abuse to blast us out of here.
Why don't you take your politics to a site for politics. It has no business here! Go whine somewhere else!

I hear ya mrgmhale! I moved from where I was born and raised ( los Angeles, Calif ) for the same reason. Living in Idaho now. Beautiful State and nice people here. America is out there! Still working though......considering retiring.

That is encouraging to hear. I am so weary of being in a state run by liberal idiots (NY). We have gone through the Carolinas on our way toFlorida and back, and stopped to see some friends in the Carolinas. Myrtle Beach is now our Go To destination for our little road trips. Just driving through those snow-less states get my mind turning... Because we are so deeply rooted up here near Rochester it will take more than it otherwise would or should to move. But if the side effects of the bail bond reform, release of many prisoners long before their sentences had been served, and the additional draconian gun laws being heaped ever higher on its residents, and theby smothering our rights and compromising our safety as law abiding persons, it may not take a lot more abuse to blast us out of here.

Thanks for bringing your political views into a car forum, super productive.

When people get political here it is usually only one side doing it. It is usually ironic. I don't come here for political views. It always makes the poster and this site look bad. Let's keep out biases out as it says more about you then what you are relaying. Politics are poison when we are a diverse community.

When people get political here it is usually only one side doing it. It is usually ironic. I don't come here for political views. It always makes the poster and this site look bad. Let's keep out biases out as it says more about you then what you are relaying. Politics are poison when we are a diverse community.
Nothing diverse about me. I love America, guess thats why millions come here non stop all the time..God Bless OUR America

Nothing diverse about me. I love America, guess thats why millions come here non stop all the time..God Bless OUR America
Best to keep your God out of this site too. By loving America is that all of north, central and south or do you mean The United States. I love the United States, but not when I have to think too much about all the political etc. garbage that shows how broken our country is. Politics and religion have no place here. Almost anything but politics and religion. It is disrespectful of others who think differently and frankly it makes me have a low opinion of anyone who brings it here

I am back. We finally are moved in SC. I made 3 trips with a truck to move all our crap to SC. We had to do it in stages because my wife was working in SC and I was still working in MI.
I am adjusting to the heat and looking forward to a nice fall in the south. The roads are good and gas is cheap so it been good so far. The DMV was fun to get plates and titles but I figured it out after making 2 trip there.

Looking forward to checking out the car show scene in the area. I live near Indian land SC and Waxhaw NC. I am about 45 minutes from Charlotte.

John J

Hello John,
Yes, moving can be a lot of fun. You never realize how much "Stuff" you have until you try to gather it all into one area and load it on a truck to move. That's one thing I disliked about my Dad being in the Air Force, all the constant moving.

I believe you will enjoy the new climate and warmer winters. When I lived in SC, I always laughed when we all complained about how cold it was during the winter. (In the mid-30s) Meanwhile, some of our Canadian neighbors were out on the golf courses in Myrtle Beach in shorts and short sleeve shirts while we were bundled up like burritos. You will adjust to the summer humidity. During the summer, I would visit my brother in AZ for a couple of weeks; when arriving back on this side of the Mississippi, I would have to learn how to breathe again!

I'm sure there are plenty of car shows and cruise-ins the local folks can tell you about. You will definitely need to check out the Charlotte Auto Fair, held in the Spring and Fall at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. https://www.charlotte-autofair.com/calendar/
The Mustang Owners Museum is just past Carpenters Reproductions, about 2 minutes from the track. https://www.mustangownersmuseum.com/
And then there is Mustang week at Myrtle Beach. Although there had been talk of not returning after this past July show after 21 years, with a new sponsoring partner, Mustang Week will now be held from Sept. 4 – Sept. 10, 2023, at the Myrtle Beach mall.

Welcome to your new home, and to help you feel "Southern," I'll just say, "Y'all pull up a chair and sit a spell"! 🪑
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back