Living with Vette instead of Stang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last job as a mechanic was on a '73 Corvette. A/C car and had a leaking heater core. I got it done and decided I needed to finish my University course work! I ended up flying Uncle Sam's high-performance aircraft for 25 years. I don't know if I should hate that Corvette or thank it!

Yo Peasants -- I just sold the Vette -- spine is broke in three places,, my mental state isn't what it used to be,
I now understand the 2nd Amendment, so now going through anger management.
I'll not have another one.

My suggestion to anyone thinking about it ... if you like leaks , buy a C3 vette. everything leaks no matter how much you work on it to stop them.
...just like drugs ...just say NOOOOoooo!
Leak central =
  1. Steering - leaks
  2. Front seal - leaks
  3. Timing cover - leaks
  4. Rear seal - leaks
  5. TTops - leaks
  6. Vacuum - leaks
  7. Windows - Leaks
IT ALL F**KING LEAKS ! ! ! ! !

...and yes.. I burned my arm on the sidepipes when trying to fix .... guess what ... a f**king leak.

Now I'm looking back into Mustangs again ... woooohooo :D hopefully I'm coming home .

waddya think 02 body sportsroof ?
or 05 body Mach 1 ?

I like both tbh ... having had both as -- see pics
"H" code 351 Cleve, FMX 2:75.1 9" rear. "02" body sports roof
"M" code 351 Cleve, FMX 3:25.1 9" rear. "05" body Mach 1

waddya guys think I should go for next ? ... please respond ... I need help. Therapy , fun again with no leaks.

Thanks ya'aaawwl :)

Attachments

• Corvette-stingray-top.jpg
    Corvette-stingray-top.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 0
  • greenie.jpg
    greenie.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 0
  • red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yo Peasants -- I just sold the Vette -- spine is broke in three places,, my mental state isn't what it used to be,

Now I'm looking again ... woooohooo :D hopefully I'm coming home .
You're always welcome here, regardless of what you drive. We know 71-73 Mustangs hold a place in your heart!

Agree, get an M code Mach 1, but as the freaking Ford engineers had no idea what a hand brake was for, I'd not suggest buying a 4 speed especially if there are hills in your area and I'm bloody sure there are.
Like you, I was bought up knowing what a "hand brake" was for........ to assist on hill starts for one, a parking brake for seconds and in dire necessity, an emergency brake. We don't have 3 feet, so controlling gas ( accelerator), brake and clutch all together is kinda hard to do.
A nice M code 351C 4V and a C6 auto with a 3.25:1 or 3.50:1 Trac-Lock would be sweet.

Agree, get an M code Mach 1, but as the freaking Ford engineers had no idea what a hand brake was for, I'd not suggest buying a 4 speed especially if there are hills in your area and I'm bloody sure there are.
Like you, I was bought up knowing what a "hand brake" was for........ to assist on hill starts for one, a parking brake for seconds and in dire necessity, an emergency brake. We don't have 3 feet, so controlling gas ( accelerator), brake and clutch all together is kinda hard to do.
A nice M code 351C 4V and a C6 auto with a 3.25:1 or 3.50:1 Trac-Lock would be sweet.
Stanglover, all of us manual shift owners can relate concerning our parking brake; I actually carry a wheel chock in the trunk "just in case!"

Stanglover, all of us manual shift owners can relate concerning our parking brake; I actually carry a wheel chock in the trunk "just in case!"
Oh! Is that why the wife goes out with you........... to act as "chock Girl"?
I've often considered installing a hand brake on the tunnel, but as there are so few hills around where I live, it's not worth the trouble. I just avoid them if I can.

I'll not have another one.

My suggestion to anyone thinking about it ... if you like leaks , buy a C3 vette. everything leaks no matter how much you work on it to stop them.
...just like drugs ...just say NOOOOoooo!
Leak central =
  1. Steering - leaks
  2. Front seal - leaks
  3. Timing cover - leaks
  4. Rear seal - leaks
  5. TTops - leaks
  6. Vacuum - leaks
  7. Windows - Leaks
IT ALL F**KING LEAKS ! ! ! ! !

...and yes.. I burned my arm on the sidepipes when trying to fix .... guess what ... a f**king leak.

Now I'm looking back into Mustangs again ... woooohooo :D hopefully I'm coming home .

waddya think 02 body sportsroof ?
or 05 body Mach 1 ?

I like both tbh ... having had both as -- see pics
"H" code 351 Cleve, FMX 2:75.1 9" rear. "02" body sports roof
"M" code 351 Cleve, FMX 3:25.1 9" rear. "05" body Mach 1

waddya guys think I should go for next ? ... please respond ... I need help. Therapy , fun again with no leaks.

Thanks ya'aaawwl :)
Sorry ton hear your struggles. Hope you will be well soon and get a nice Mustang. Second amendment understanding? Be well!

The good news is that you have admitted you have a problem and then got rid of the source. You are now well on your way to recovery. You most likely will need therapy. Be advised, therapy is not cheap. I recently went to therapy and this was the result. The therapist told me it would compliment the 71.
Now let’s address the fact you called us all peasants…do you really understand the 2nd amendment??? lol
E7D031E6-5125-407C-9689-D37716C79EA6.jpeg1E957859-615C-4E06-9082-1525F9367D30.jpeg

Now let’s address the fact you called us all peasants…do you really understand the 2nd amendment??? lol
That still puts us one up on Australia.....

I think he just wanted to shoot the car and put it out of his misery!

So the question is....are you buying “local” or importing your next Stang ? May I suggest that you buy my Sprint sportsroof that is in need of restoration. That way you can import it, fix it , then sell it back to me when you are tired of it and Export it back to me. 😂You have great skills to sort and fix these cars. Good luck on your next purchase.

Being a Limey Brit - I'm allowed to take the whizz out of Merrriiicans. If you hadn't have given us a huge shipping container of whoopass at Bunker Hill, you'd all be playing poncey Cricket. 🤪

....anyway It's meant with love. (y) :love:

That still puts us one up on Australia.....

I think he just wanted to shoot the car and put it out of his misery!
Sort of ... :p Peasant would a serious promotion for an Aussie - see image below 👿

Attachments

• image_2023-06-24_144057162.png
    image_2023-06-24_144057162.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 0
Being a Limey Brit - I'm allowed to take the whizz out of Merrriiicans. If you hadn't have given us a huge shipping container of whoopass at Bunker Hill, you'd all be playing poncey Cricket. 🤪

....anyway It's meant with love. (y) :love:
Well you can thank God we did! If it wasn’t for us you’d be speaking German!!! Cheers!!

Back