Locate my old 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seahawkmike

Reaction score
Hello all, I know this has probably been asked before, I am looking for my old 71 Mach 1. I have tried the DMV, internet searches and more.. Because of privacy laws its hard to track down my old 71 Mach 1

I live in Washington state, south of Seattle, last known location my my 71 was in the Renton area. I sold it around 1995.. I did manage to somehow find out it was registered in Mount Lake Terrace Wa. at some point.. 

Has anyone successfully tracked down and found an old car??

I have the Vin# and the license plate number at the time.. Any ideas will help!!

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!

Mike i know its a long shot. Can you remember who you originally sold the car to? You may be able to work your way through the owners till you get to the present one. Got to be worth a try. Persistence and determination

It is just about impossible these days. I don't have the VIN. I know that there were only 23 1973 verts made with 6C and CW paint and interior codes. I know mine had a DSO of 15 Newark and was built in March to May time frame. It had a 302 with a C4, a black roof, console, AM radio and no A/C or PW, or other options so how many of the 23 could there be just like it. The are many more DSO's than the number made. Unfortunately, at 18 years old, i was not kind to it so I fear it may have become a parts car. I would love to find or know what happened to it.

I bet Marti could tell me what the VIN is or if anyone has ordered a report for it, but they won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have to be someone that trusted you, lol.

Here in NC if you buy and out of state car 35 years old or older the DMV has to physically come see the car, verify VIN# and do a search for any issues. I bought a 73 vert that the PO had let set for 25 years. Within 2 min. the DMV guy on his computer in his car told me the car had been stolen once in California and recovered the next day. I suspect the info is out there just someone that will go into it for you.

Good luck.

Back