Looking for a trusty Mechanic in Cincinnati

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybale23

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
Does anyone know a good mechanic to work on a 72 Mach 1? Thanks.

Hi jaybale. Welcome from Ross. As a new member you should introduce yourself and share some info about your car. Also, we like looking at pictures so don't be shy showing us what you have.

What do you need done to your car. I'm in the Cincinnati area and might be able to recommend someone or even maybe I can help you out.

Hello. So I am new to the car game and new to working on a car. Last year I bought a 72 Mach 1 from a gentleman up in Chicago. He was a mechanic and said he did extensive amount of work on the car. After I drove it a few times I started having a stalling problem. I found the vacuum advance line had come off. Once I replaced this and put a clip on it all seemed fine. Main issues are that it idles really high like 1800 and the clutch releases pretty close to the top of the movement. I believe he put a T5 competition clutch in. Looking for someone that can point me in the right direction to either fix or someone to trust to fix. Thanks. DA141CE6-AFFD-43BB-B876-B998B2EAB5A6.jpeg0F689660-FD7B-46F9-AD42-2270D02A5330.png

Hi jaybale. Welcome from Ross. As a new member you should introduce yourself and share some info about your car. Also, we like looking at pictures so don't be shy showing us what you have.

What do you need done to your car. I'm in the Cincinnati area and might be able to recommend someone or even maybe I can help you out.
FYI. My wife’s family is from Ross and pretty well known there. I lived there for a short while and was part of their Lions club.

Hello. So I am new to the car game and new to working on a car. Last year I bought a 72 Mach 1 from a gentleman up in Chicago. He was a mechanic and said he did extensive amount of work on the car. After I drove it a few times I started having a stalling problem. I found the vacuum advance line had come off. Once I replaced this and put a clip on it all seemed fine. Main issues are that it idles really high like 1800 and the clutch releases pretty close to the top of the movement. I believe he put a T5 competition clutch in. Looking for someone that can point me in the right direction to either fix or someone to trust to fix. Thanks. View attachment 60252View attachment 60253
Very nice looking car. Thanks for the pics. Sounds like you just need some minor adjustments. I be more than willing to take a look at it if you want. Alway nice to meet other owners. Just pm me with your contact info if interested.

If you prefer a regular shop to look at it I would either call Welbys or Benhase. Don't know what part of town you are in, but I would call Welbys first.

https://welbysclassics.com/

https://www.benhasecarrestorations.com/

Also, what is your wife's family name?

Back