Looking for ideas on new front seats.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovies73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 with absolutely no part left untouched or replaced
I'm thinking of upgrading my seats as my resto-mod drags on. The interior is ginger so I was thinking anything with mostly black would be fine. Looking for some comfortable cruising seats. Anyone have any suggestions?u

We are very happy with the sport seat covers and foam from TMI. Quite comfortable and holds you in

I have a 2014 Taurus SHO as my DD.

Seats have heat, cool and active massage....got me thinking, I wonder if a set of take outs from a wrecked car would work in my 72.

Way to far down the road as I have drivetrain work to focus on, but like I said the thought did cross my mind.

TMI Products has new seat upholstery in several designs & colors. The Sport Seats have thicker bolsters and 'look' mostly stock with better support. The Sport Seats and Sport Seat R500s have even more of the same with most of the stock colors as well. Sport Seat II and XRs have the suede inserts for more breathe-ability (I suppose).

Here are how mine came out - you can immediately see the difference in bolstering with the Sport Seats - the original seats are absolutely flat in comparison.

1525735_813754195302167_810866967_n.jpg

attachment.php

Hope this helps!

My dad had some very nice and comfortable seats from a Mazda in his 1970 Mustang he had for some time ago, they were adjustable very nice to sit in. It's really nice with the TMI upgade, but I hade that the factory seats not are adjustable in the back.. I would go to the junkyard to find something, take some measurements from your car and go look for what you can find.. You could eventually install some seats from a newer Mustang if you want to go that route, or else you could find some Recaro or Corbeau seats.. :)

I just bought these for the Green 72 should be here tuesday-wed There are lots of options for recovering re-foaming your old seats but by the time your done it costs more than a set of these & your still stuck with a non adjustable recline ..I have a similar set in my 71 Camaro & love them great seat for the money

http://www.cipherauto.com/racing-seat/1013-series/cpa1013pbk

aseat.jpg

101_0350.JPG

TMI Products has new seat upholstery in several designs & colors. The Sport Seats have thicker bolsters and 'look' mostly stock with better support. The Sport Seats and Sport Seat R500s have even more of the same with most of the stock colors as well. Sport Seat II and XRs have the suede inserts for more breathe-ability (I suppose).

Here are how mine came out - you can immediately see the difference in bolstering with the Sport Seats - the original seats are absolutely flat in comparison.

1525735_813754195302167_810866967_n.jpg

attachment.php

Hope this helps!
I'm assuming these go right over the old frame? This might be the route to go rather than risking how a whole new seat will feel. Wasn't thinking re stuffing and recovering was an option.

The Ciphers came in.. did a test fit the other day I like em lots of bang for the buck..gonna work out just fine plus I saved money & time going this route for now..Also, they are very close in size & shape to the stock seats

IMG_1192.JPGIMG_1190.JPGIMG_1182.JPG

Back