Looking for In Tank Fuel Pump Part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Hello, I’m wondering if anyone knows of a source for building a DIY in tank fuel pump that fits into the vent opening on a 73 tank? I know Aeromotive make a complete assembly that does the job, I’m just wondering if you can get the parts to build your own. The rub is, it has to have a relative flush top; not like the stock Fox Body Mustang outlets, so installed, it will clear the trunk floor.

What I’m looking for is a similar construction of the Aeromotive design, but just the top and the structure. Any ideas?

Unless the clearance is different from 71 to 73 the fox body sending unit will work.  I did a write up on the one I just  put in a few months back.  I'm getting ready to replace the pump again because I've had a change of mind and am putting a Holley sniper on and need a higher psi/volume pump.  

Don't know if any of this will help you but here is the link.

My engines original HP is 150 and my future plans, a few years out, are for up to 250HP. Since you’re replacing your system, would you consider selling me that setup? I went on the Summit site and it seems your setup will support my current and future needs. If you’re interested, PM me. Thanks. Steve

My engines original HP is 150 and my future plans, a few years out, are for up to 250HP. Since you’re replacing your system, would you consider selling me that setup? I went on the Summit site and it seems your setup will support my current and future needs. If you’re interested, PM me. Thanks. Steve
The only thing I'm changing is the pump itself otherwise I would be willing to let you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great advice, I was able to score all three of the in-tank parts on EBay for $82.47. I think that is a killer deal, thanks again Kilgon.  Steve

I decided not to go that route. Even the minimum non-stock like system out there has significant more output that I’ll ever use. My max HP goal is 250, and most of those systems start at ~400 or more. So in this case, less is more, for me at least. And you pay for that privilege.

Back