Lousy product, even worse customer service....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

I will keep this brief... As most here know, I am restoring my '71 Pastel Blue vert and during the past 2+ years I have spent considerable $$$ purchasing the required replacement parts for the restoration. When it comes to the rear interior 1/4 panels, these proved to be unobtainable, non-existent in original format. Therefore, I decided to try an aftermarket panel to keep the restoration moving along... When they arrived and as seen in the attached the photos, they were quite simply, terrible...

I contacted the mfr. who did respond to me initially indicating that they would look into it and get back to me. I provided detailed pictures, description etc. Over the next two months, numerous attempts on my behalf, first for a resolution and or replacement product and with no response eventually requesting my $$$ back; not once over the following weeks did they respond back to me. Being outside the USA made this a more difficult situation for me. On occasion, I have had to return other items and have never had any issue with other suppliers. This one turned out to be a nightmare, but I would not give up in my quest to hold this company accountable for a product that should not be on the market.

In the end, I went through PayPal Dispute to get my $$$ returned, albeit I had to pay the return shipping which will eat about 30% of my returned $$$. However, I will take the 70% + the fact that I was able to have this company answer for an inferior product...

Buyer beware, is where I will leave this today, I just don't want others to have to go through what I did with this company.

I will keep this brief... As most here know, I am restoring my '71 Pastel Blue vert and during the past 2+ years I have spent considerable $$$ purchasing the required replacement parts for the restoration. When it comes to the rear interior 1/4 panels, these proved to be unobtainable, non-existent in original format. Therefore, I decided to try an aftermarket panel to keep the restoration moving along... When they arrived and as seen in the attached the photos, they were quite simply, terrible...

I contacted the mfr. who did respond to me initially indicating that they would look into it and get back to me. I provided detailed pictures, description etc. Over the next two months, numerous attempts on my behalf, first for a resolution and or replacement product and with no response eventually requesting my $$$ back; not once over the following weeks did they respond back to me. Being outside the USA made this a more difficult situation for me. On occasion, I have had to return other items and have never had any issue with other suppliers. This one turned out to be a nightmare, but I would not give up in my quest to hold this company accountable for a product that should not be on the market.

In the end, I went through PayPal Dispute to get my $$$ returned, albeit I had to pay the return shipping which will eat about 30% of my returned $$$. However, I will take the 70% + the fact that I was able to have this company answer for an inferior product...

Buyer beware, is where I will leave this today, I just don't want others to have to go through what I did with this company.
Thanks for the warning! And there goes my hope as well to find some good replacement quarter panels for my convertible... 

It is such a shame that these companies don't put more effort in the detailing and fitment of reproduction parts. It is the same thing with the reproduction dash panels . The texture is different and the finish is sloppy. Seriously considering to continue searching for some nice used panels.

Thanks for the warning! And there goes my hope as well to find some good replacement quarter panels for my convertible... 

It is such a shame that these companies don't put more effort in the detailing and fitment of reproduction parts. It is the same thing with the reproduction dash panels . The texture is different and the finish is sloppy. Seriously considering to continue searching for some nice used panels.
Here ya go, excellent originals!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-72-73-MUSTANG-FASTBACK-ORIGINAL-Interior-Rear-Quarter-Trim-Panel-Set-/202054147058?hash=item2f0b5d9bf2:g:BFEAAOSwyLFZuHfa&vxp=mtr

Here ya go, good originals!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Mustang-Convertible-R-L-H-Inner-Rear-Quarter-Trim-Panels-PR-/112562728400?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275

Here ya go, good originals!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Mustang-Convertible-R-L-H-Inner-Rear-Quarter-Trim-Panels-PR-/112562728400?_trksid=p2349526.m2548.l4275
Close... but my car did not have the ash tray which was part of the décor group, but I could certainly make an exception in this one instance... I restored my originals including the previously cut out speaker covers. I did not reinstall the speakers... These will do for now. Thanks.

Int rear qtr. panel restoration3.jpg

What is so sad is that the original tooling was sold for scrap for pennies for the hundred lbs. of iron and steel. I scrapped tons of Ford tooling over the years. They will not let you keep it goes to scrap and that is it. None of the mfg. ever look to the future. It is always the next new project and nothing to uphold the past. I have seen original mahogany patterns go to the dumpster. You cannot get any of it. Back then you had patterns to trace the shape from before computers and CAD. We had blue prints to the 1930's  that had to go to the land fill to satisfy the current requirements for quality. You could not keep them. That is why nothing fits Ford would not share. Sucks but I know it is true.

I ordered these panels as well and when I got them I thought this was a joke! I paid $150.00 plus shipping which was another 40 bucks or so. I contacted them and their customer service really sucked. All the said to send them back for a refund. Got them to refund me everything plus shipping, but had to pay for return shipping which was around 20 bucks. I will be using my old ones which look decent but have speaker holes.

Back