Luxstang makes the headlines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed the 1970 as well but doesn't it mean "from the seventies" when written like this? Or can you actually write "1972-er" in German?

Apart from that, who cares? It's your awesome car as a main feature on the front of a leading magazine :)

Congratulations Mike,

Great to see you getting some solid publicity and recognition on the Vert.

I'm sure  you must be feeling a very proud and happy man. Well done Sir!   ::thumb::

I must be honest, and admit i was inspired by the Nash Bridges TV series when it came out back in the Nineties. I was very taken by Nash's  yellow and white Cuda myself.

I thought, yeah, i'd like to own one of those, but when i discovered the asking prices and how rare they were, i quickly  put the idea out of my mind. Even thinking of trying to buy a yellow and white '70/'71 Dodge Challenger Convertible as a kind of poor man's Nash substitute  car,has turned out to be a kind of dream as well, as it would cost me around $85,000.00 Australian to buy and ship one out to Australia, and put it on the road here. So yeah, our 1,2, 3 Mustang Verts  hit the spot pretty well as a darn good concept car to be seen in and enjoy driving around in as well. I get an incredible amount of positive street feedback from folks whenever i'm out and about on the roads where i live.

I remember you were saying a while ago, you were  going through a bad patch with the car, and feeling low about the whole thing. I guess it's things like the magazine

article that help puts things back to a more positive  feeling about your Mustang. I think it would be fair to say that most classic car owners go through their share of lows and highs while they own their cars.

Greg. :)

Congratulations Mike,

Great to see you getting some solid publicity and recognition on the Vert.

I'm sure  you must be feeling a very proud and happy man. Well done Sir! ::thumb::

I must be honest, and admit i was inspired by the Nash Bridges TV series when it came out back in the Nineties. I was very taken by Nash's  yellow and white Cuda myself.

I thought, yeah, i'd like to own one of those, but when i discovered the asking prices and how rare they were, i quickly  put the idea out of my mind. Even thinking of trying to buy a yellow and white '70/'71 Dodge Challenger Convertible as a kind of poor man's Nash substitute  car,has turned out to be a kind of dream as well, as it would cost me around $85,000.00 Australian to buy and ship one out to Australia, and put it on the road here. So yeah, our 1,2, 3 Mustang Verts  hit the spot pretty well as a darn good concept car to be seen in and enjoy driving around in as well. I get an incredible amount of positive street feedback from folks whenever i'm out and about on the roads where i live.

I remember you were saying a while ago, you were  going through a bad patch with the car, and feeling low about the whole thing. I guess it's things like the magazine

article that help puts things back to a more positive  feeling about your Mustang. I think it would be fair to say that most classic car owners go through their share of lows and highs while they own their cars.

Regarding the Nash Bridges connection. People who are not classic car enthousiasts don't even notice the difference. 

Although the show is not well known in Europe as if never aired in a prime time slot on a big network, I've had people ask me if that was the same car as the one in the show. 

There was this one girl who had her friend take a picture of her with the car just as I walked up to them and she was freaking out telling me how excited she was to finally see a "Nash Bridges car" in real life. I told her she should sit inside and have her picture taken and she was so happy. 

I didn't wanna ruin it for her either so I kept my mouth shut. It helped that she was really cute. :)

One of the guys who delivered the car to me after the paint job and assembly told me he had seen the exact same car in a show with Don Johnson. He was much less cute so I tried to explain the misunderstanding but he wouldn't have any of that. He insisted it was they same. 

I guess you could use a 71-72 vert as a stunt double with a little dress up and filming not too close though.

Thanks Mike,

You make some good points there, and i agree about the 1,2,3 Verts being misrepresented by many, when presented in the bright yellow colour and the white interior.

As you say yourself, the positive, enthusiastic feedback and responses we get with these cars, obviously speaks volumes on the great looks and styling they have in their own rights.

You can't ignore or look through that, i'm sure.

Ashampoo_Snap_2017.06.15_01h14m10s_002_.pngAshampoo_Snap_2017.06.15_01h14m30s_003_.png

Cheers mate,

Congratulations Luxstang. Originally thought the magazine had taken photos of your car they looked so good. Now we know in addition to owning such a sharp looking Vert  your also an excellent photographer. Now that you have officially "Arrived" and have been recognized by Chrome and Flames, maybe some other magazines may want to do some spreads......ahhh...photo shoots that is!!     :D

Previously, you re-invented the wheel, and now headliners! What next?

Congrats on the magazine cover.

The car had actually been in magazines twice before but that was years ago. 

The first time it was in an adult magazine with lots of TnA. 

How did that happen? Glad you asked. 

It was supposed to be for Chrom & Flammen back then. They sent a freelance professional photographer to take the pictures and write the story. That was when the magazine still belonged to the old publishing company that was struggling at the time. So they didn't pay him for two jobs and he didn't turn this job in to them but decided to sell it to someone else who was willing to pay.

He had dealt with the publisher of that TnA magazine (which had a plethora of other publications of all kinds) and they bought the story. 

So it's 46 pages of naked boobs, two pages of my car and back to more interesting subjects (mostly boobs)! :cool:

This was weeks after it had been repainted and you'll notice that both the front spoiler and the standard grille were painted body color. 

It had the Torq Thrusts and was sitting stock height in the rear and had one inch lower coils in the front. 

It also still had the small hood scoop.

IMG_8383.JPG

The next feature was for a legit car publication. German "Street" mag. (My guess is they are the reason C&F are struggling even under the new publishing house. C&F is the old lady of German car publications but Street is cooler, closer to the community, their staff are all active US car enthusiasts etc)

Anyway: 

Here's what they printed. 

The car is mostly the same, only the standard grille is now painted flat black. 

It was before I painted the front spoiler black too, so here it's in transition with a black grille and yellow spoiler. 

I would eventually paint the spoiler black and replace the grille with a Mach1 grille. 

The suspension is the same as in the above feature and looking back I kinda like the rake in the side shot here. 

The title "Misunderstood" refers to the fact that people fail to grasp the concept behind these cars, that they were not if and gravy but simply the logical next step in the Mustang's evolution and built for the huge engines that were to come but then never did. 

Nice take on the subject for a change. :)

IMG_8382.JPG

The car had actually been in magazines twice before but that was years ago. 

The first time it was in an adult magazine with lots of TnA. 

How did that happen? Glad you asked. 

It was supposed to be for Chrom & Flammen back then. They sent a freelance professional photographer to take the pictures and write the story. That was when the magazine still belonged to the old publishing company that was struggling at the time. So they didn't pay him for two jobs and he didn't turn this job in to them but decided to sell it to someone else who was willing to pay.

He had dealt with the publisher of that TnA magazine (which had a plethora of other publications of all kinds) and they bought the story. 

So it's 46 pages of naked boobs, two pages of my car and back to more interesting subjects (mostly boobs)! :cool:

This was weeks after it had been repainted and you'll notice that both the front spoiler and the standard grille were painted body color. 

It had the Torq Thrusts and was sitting stock height in the rear and had one inch lower coils in the front. 

It also still had the small hood scoop.
You holding back the scans of the other 46 pages buddy? Tssssss ;-)

What do you do during a lunch break?

You check-out car magz!

d155953e1ae261ac6ad0fe0fb176659a.jpg

Got some exceptional reading material today though ;-)

c48920388171054497f1b42971d12d8b.jpg

Back