Mach 1 parts northern MO

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/d/ridgeway-1971-mach-1-body-parts/7049936954.html

I took a day off work to go look at these parts. I wanted a better bumper for my Mach 1 (it is pretty cracked) and a "correct" Ram air hood for the vert. Rear valance too. Front bumper has no cracks. Hood is also in great shape. Critters made it home but no rust thru and very straight. Rear valance has some damage. One fender is pretty messed up while other is pretty good. Other parts I do not need. I paid 600 for the lot.

1. Is that a good deal? I am always worried about not knowing what I am doing.

The best part of it was the seller was a 97 yo B24 pilot from www who went on to FBI and then Air Force special Agent. He then went to Illinois and worked organized crime. I had an absolutely fascinating conversation with him. From Russians shooting at them doing support missions to making the case against Daley's son. I felt honored to meet him

I think you did fine. I was doing the same thing today. I bought a '71 parts car this afternoon. It looks to have been "MACHed" from a base model a long time ago. I'll be getting a hood, deluxe interior door hardware, tach, clutch pedals, tail light panel honeycomb, rear end, urethane bumper and front discs. Price situation was similar to what you encountered. Part of the deal is I have to pull and return the engine.

For your location you probably did good. 

On the hood they usually rust out in front of the hinge mount and up front on the under side where the reinforcement drops down. You might see if you can have it dip stripped then actually pour in some POR and get it into the seams to seal them up. 

The fenders have couple trim pieces from Decor Group you can sell if you do not need. 

Good parts cars are usually in far away places. Dry climates or stuffed in a barn somewhere. 

His comment about the peeling on the hood was the decal would be incorrect. It was painted on and this one looks to be incorrect so do not base doing it over on what is on the hood currently. 

It is interesting that he was an old time veteran. They are keeping track of the few that are left and will honor what the are calling "The Last Man Standing". The last surviving WWII veteran will be known around the world. I have a friend her dad taught at Fort Knox for the tank corps. He has two hearing aids from the guns in the tanks and they just found he has cancer. So he was moved from his home to a home but he is still doing great. Loves to socialize. He was going to gym several times a week and has a Doctorate Degree taught at NC State for years. He developed all the growing processes for Christmas tress.

I think you did fine.  I was doing the same thing today.  I bought a '71 parts car this afternoon.  It looks to have been "MACHed" from a base model a long time ago.  I'll be getting a  hood, deluxe interior door hardware, tach, clutch pedals, tail light panel honeycomb, rear end, urethane bumper and front discs.  Price situation was similar to what you encountered.  Part of the deal is I have to pull and return the engine.

Was this a pewter 71 fastback that you bought?

I think you did fine.  I was doing the same thing today.  I bought a '71 parts car this afternoon.  It looks to have been "MACHed" from a base model a long time ago.  I'll be getting a  hood, deluxe interior door hardware, tach, clutch pedals, tail light panel honeycomb, rear end, urethane bumper and front discs.  Price situation was similar to what you encountered.  Part of the deal is I have to pull and return the engine.

Was this a pewter 71 fastback that you bought?
It's peeling yellow.  The nose is grabber blue underneath and trying to be blue again.  Had a half vinyl roof that messed up the metal up there.

I talked to a guy in north central AR this week. He has a cupla cars but no pics. He was going to send me some hopefully soon. I see your location is "ozatks" so this may be more convenient for you? Perhaps that is one of the cars you just got?

I talked to a guy in north central AR this week. He has a cupla cars but no pics. He was going to send me some hopefully soon. I see your location is "ozatks" so this may be more convenient for you? Perhaps that is one of the cars you just got?
I bought it from Eddie at ADCO Mustangs in Harrison AR.  It's the fifth I've bought from him (66,67,69 and two 71s).  The others are all projects.  The one I bought yesterday was for parts.  I'll probably sell the shell after I get my stuff off it.

If you're considering something from Eddie I can shoot pictures for you.  He and his wife don't do much in the way of social media/internet.

Back