Mach 1 update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Mustang (project)
93 Dodge Shadow (daily)
86 Buick Regal (2nd project)
Hey guys I've been slacking when it comes to working on my mustang and posting pics of what I did. So here's what I have done in the past month or so.

I put in a coolant overflow tank.

IMG_1145.jpg

104_4388.jpg

Took the fuel tank out and cleaned and painted the fuel filler and the bottom of the trunk floor.

before

100_3965-1.jpg

during

P8160032.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

after

104_4384.jpg

104_4382.jpg

Put new KYB Gas-A-Just shocks in the rear.

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

And just for kicks wanted to see if a jeep grand cherokee wheel would fit.

IMAG0122.jpg

It didn't

Thanks for looking

Thanks guys, I actually had a question about the fuel tank. What do you torque the strap bolts to or how far up the bolts do the nuts have to be?

Thanks guys, I actually had a question about the fuel tank. What do you torque the strap bolts to or how far up the bolts do the nuts have to be?
Good question. I don't know the torque or if their is one. It does't have to be that tight. I would do it by feel.

I pretty much just went until the straps completely flattened out against the tank. Hopefully this is enough.

I've often wondered about that Jeep wheel, since it's an 8 incher. Did the backspacing just not work out? I think it looks fine.

I've often wondered about that Jeep wheel, since it's an 8 incher. Did the backspacing just not work out? I think it looks fine.
No actually it would work just fine but the hole where the hub fits was too small so it would need machine work to fit right.

Ya never know until you try. Good attempt. BTW did you happen to put some rubber ant-squeek on you tank straps?
No I did not, is there a squeaking issue with the tanks because I replaced tanks before with no anti-squeak and never had any problems.

Update to my update partially because I forgot to post these pics.

starting to repair my passenger rear quarter and ran into a bit of a problem.

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

I need to fab up a piece of the wheel housing, any suggestions as to what gauge metal to use? I know it's not exactly the right way to repair the quarter/wheel well but money is kinda tight.

The wheel well patch repops are kinda cheap. Check with the vendors.
Really I haven't been able to find a patch for the wheel house, I just find either the entire inner or outer wheel house.

This isn't really an update but I found this video of my mustang from last year and I got a little kick out of it. Click the picture, it's actually a video.

Back