Magnum 500 Stealth rims

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballaratcastle

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible. Just imported from the USA as an unfinished project.
[url=https://ibb.co/gXU4Qy][img]https://preview.ibb.co/f0tW5y/Mustang.jpg[/img][/url]
Hi team. 

Has anyone put the all black version of the magnum 500 rims called the Stealth on their car. 

My 73 vert is black and blacked out chrome so interested what they may look like. My current wheels are 16" mercury grand marquis rims that came with the car but I got powder coated black

Had no reply from anyone on our forum however I did get a reply from a fellow Mustang owner of a 71-73 face bookk group. He sent some photos of these rims on his red convertible for anyone who might be interested in seeing what they look like as well.

Agreed. Not too many cars can pull off the Black wheel look and they are usually "High dollar" Black cars.

Yes that's why I wanted to see some on a car first as I had my doubts too. I powder coated black the rims my car came with as I didn't have any $$ left to buy new rims. I discovered they were mercury grand marquis r16 inch rims

Growing up in the '70 & '80s, black rims just seem to me that the owner lost a hubcap or two and either didn't care, or was too cheap or lazy to replace the hubcaps.

Again - that is just my opinion on black wheels.

Now, having said that, there are some really nice black wheels out there, and some actually do appeal to me... depending on what they're on.

As far as those Magnums go, I'm with the others - I think black chrome would look better than that finish shown in the pic you provided.  Honestly though, black chrome can also look a lot like excessive brake dust and the owner is too lazy to clean the wheels. ;)

Interestingly enough - I like that look on your car.  Those Grand Marquis rims actually look really good blacked out, and right at home on your car.  I wouldn't change a thing. ::thumb::

Growing up in the '70 & '80s, black rims just seem to me that the owner lost a hubcap or two and either didn't care, or was too cheap or lazy to replace the hubcaps.

Again - that is just my opinion on black wheels.

Now, having said that, there are some really nice black wheels out there, and some actually do appeal to me... depending on what they're on.

As far as those Magnums go, I'm with the others - I think black chrome would look better than that finish shown in the pic you provided.  Honestly though, black chrome can also look a lot like excessive brake dust and the owner is too lazy to clean the wheels. ;)

Interestingly enough - I like that look on your car.  Those Grand Marquis rims actually look really good blacked out, and right at home on your car.  I wouldn't change a thing. ::thumb::
Thanks I only got them powder coated as an interim measure until I could afford some better ones. They were just bare alloy when I got them and I didn't like the look. I have had some positive comments on them at car gatherings but I still think the original magnum 500 rims either steel or alloy still suit the muzzys

Back