Marti Report 72 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Tony

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q code, 4 speed, Factory air, power windows,tinted glass,fold down seat, Nevaada car.
All original body and floors with approx 60,000mi. on the car. I restored it in 2000.

Lot of great options. I've never noticed the "Delete NOX Emission System" before. Do you have any background on what that involved.

Lot of great options. I've never noticed the "Delete NOX Emission System" before. Do you have any background on what that involved.
I wonder if delete nox emissions...Is cause its a cali car ...but sence its early 1972 you customer didn have to have the emissions on it yet...Mine is a cali car too..But by 1973 alot of regulations come into play..Specialy in california.

Cool report..Alot like mine man...Mine has power windows and air condish too...and q code motor...lol...same axel too...lol...Did you get the break down report from marti too? Showing if its 1 of how many?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought of the NOX stuff. I will try to look into.

I wonder if delete nox emissions...Is cause its a cali car ...but sence its early 1972 you customer didn have to have the emissions on it yet...Mine is a cali car too..But by 1973 alot of regulations come into play..Specialy in california.

Cool report..Alot like mine man...Mine has power windows and air condish too...and q code motor...lol...same axel too...lol...Did you get the break down report from marti too? Showing if its 1 of how many?
I got the Elite report but was not very happy as to how they broke down the numbers. They did not compare all the options but seemed to follow a template of colour , engine, body style and then reached the conclusion that it was 1 of 1 because it caame with a heavy duty battery. I was hoping they would have took into consideration how many options were combined on a vehicle. One thing though, they wrote me because it took too long to get the report and they made mention that new people were doing the research for them and I dont think they were as knowledgeable as in the past. Oh well.

The car is from Las Vegas Nevada. May have the same rules as California.

The car is from Las Vegas Nevada. May have the same rules as California.
oppss..your right..lol..Thats why it has delete...In cali they made it so it had to have all the emissions crap in it...i got a few little canisters in my car..lol..no longer hooked up.....But its early enough...and close enough...mite be just a emissions delete..Some one didnt want that crap ;)..I better start drinking my coffee in the morning..I mixed it up with LA...LOL.

ya the break down is odd sometimes...Just like the mustang guy told me.....They didnt even include alot of your options...But it was the roof that made her one of one atleast..lol...But he said even if it didnt have that..it would of been 1 of 1 just cause of the number of options....Just by the time they got down too the roof..Poof no reason to show how many 1 of 1's it could be..lmao

So when you restored you reversed the color scheme?

Great looking car...lots of nice options.

Interesting that has the LA DSO but was delivered to Nevada. Pretty sure the NOX requirement was a CA rule so was deleted when it was to be delivered to Nevada.

Jeff

"I got the Elite report but was not very happy as to how they broke down the numbers. They did not compare all the options but seemed to follow a template of colour , engine, body style and then reached the conclusion that it was 1 of 1 because it came with a heavy duty battery. I was hoping they would have took into consideration how many options were combined on a vehicle. One thing though, they wrote me because it took too long to get the report and they made mention that new people were doing the research for them and I dont think they were as knowledgeable as in the past. Oh well."

Similar experience here on my '70 SportsRoof. The Elite Report decoded "63B" as a standard SportsRoof when in reality it means SportsRoof Deluxe (or similar terminology). Seeing as Ford built only 6464 63Bs in 1970 I expected that fact would be in an Elite. That single tidbit of data separates roughly 185,000 other 1970 Mustangs fr mine. Explanation was ""
Sportsroof Deluxe" is not a term that is used by the Marketing Department of Ford Motor Company................ we use the terms IDENTICAL to what appeared on the window sticker of the vehicle". Which doesn't explain the "B" code being separated on other reports I've noticed (65Bs & 76Bs). Yeah.......... Oh, well.

Back