marti reports

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know why Marti Reports don't mention ram air as an item in their reports? The 4 ram air cars I looked at in the Marti Report section say nothing about ram air on their Marti Reports.
Probably as they were a no-cost upgrade on 05 (Mach 1) cars, and are more frequently selected than not.

Marti probably only lists a hood for a Mach 1 report if the NACA hood was deselected in favor of the flat hood - unusual, but I've seen such on a few base 302 Mach 1's.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was a ram air car it would list that option on the Marti

Marti report calls it

" Ram Air Option "

It was not free - you had to pay for it.

Don

I looked at multiple mach 1's in the Marti Report section of this web site, and their Marti's don't mention "Ram Air option".

That's what I'm curious about.
"Ram Air" does not refer to the NACA hood; rather "Ram Air" adds the two-tone hood paint, hood locks, the fiberglass plenum that bolts to the bottom of the hood, and the air cleaner that mates to the plenum to seal the cleaner to the hood - in addition to the NACA scooped hood.

You could still get the NACA hood without Ram Air - just with two blockoff plates in the scoops.

-Kurt

Yes, that's what I'm curious about. Multiple cars on the Marti section of this website say they are 1972 4v with ram air stickers on the hoods. Yet no mention of the option in the Marti report they've posted.
Fake (as in not factory original) Ram Air installations are the most common non-factory additions added to these cars - possibly even more common than side stripes added to cars ordered without stripes. Not only is it copiously added to almost every resto these days, it was very common for dealers to add it too.

Any car from factory with a NACA hood but without the Ram Air option would have been delivered like this. Solid-color hood, no hood locks:

71_mustang_1.jpg

Absolute rule of thumb: If it doesn't have hood locks, it didn't have Ram Air from factory.

-Kurt

this may or may not be an important add to the topic. There are different levels of Marti Reports. Majority of folks dont buy the premium version. The information provided and depth of knowledge given is expanded by each level so it is SLIGHTLY possible you were not seeing the premium versions. 15.95 vs 200.00 is a large expanse in cost therefore information. So the info could be on a higher premium report. According to Marti...my car didnt even come with a "NACA hood"

Slight chance!

Back