Material for cooler spacer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
I’m planning on putting a transmission and power steering cooler on the front of my radiator. I’ve got those easy to install mounts, that pull through each of the fin areas to hold the cooler to the face of the radiator. Thing is, I would rather create a little standoff between the two. What is a good material to make spacers from? Thank you, Steve.

Usually the transmission coolers come with the spacers and plastic doodads to mount them.

They come with foam squares that is rated for the temperature outside the radiator.

Last edited:
Yes, the trans cooler did come with a mount foam thing, I just wanted more gap and also for other ideas. The power steering cooler I have was purchased from a Thrift store; it took me some time to figure out, but it was a new replacement for a Porsche. Cost me $4.

Back