Maybe a dumb question

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is to make roadworthy. Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
I purchased those firmer than stock front coil spring upper cushions. Do I need to lube them in anyway before reinstalling the coil? Thanks, Steve.

Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is to make roadworthy. Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Well, they are Prothane 6-1704-BL units, and they came in a box with no instructions. So, grease both sides, one or the other, ? Does anyone have instructions? I couldn’t locate any online or from Prothane’s website.

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 M code 351 4 speed
The lubricant is applied to polyurethane parts just to limit noise when they are moving against a steel component, where you have the polyurethane moving on a steel part like on a sway bar bushing. If there is no motion, movement/rubbing between the polyurethane and a steel component, you do not need to use any lubricant. I don't think that there is any real movement between the top of the spring and the shock tower, so you really should not need any lubricant there. You can put some lubricant on one or both sides if you like, it will not hurt anything, but it should not be necessary.