Maybe adding another 73 mach1 to the list in The Hill.

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

giantpune

Reaction score
They've been slowly turning my part of GA into the new Hollywood.  This week, they're filming a new one called Hill, the story of Rickey Hill.  Set in the 50s-70s.  

https://movies.mxdwn.com/news/dennis-quaid-joins-family-drama-the-hill-true-story-of-rickey-hill-who-overcame-his-physical-disability-to-play-major-league-baseball/

They are having some of us folks with old cars bring them out to be backdrops for some of the filming.  Our Chevelle looks almost showroom condition, so hopefully that one gets some screen time.  My '73 mustang has seen better days.  It does have a couple angles you can look at it and its not a total eyesore.  Hoping they'll at least let me park it out in the nosebleed section so it can pop up in the movie.  Or maybe we can park it close to the action and they can fix it up in post production.  :p

giantpune

Reaction score
Filming is underway.  I'm note sure yet exactly how much of the old cars are shown in the scenes.  They definitely got some variety.  

Off the top of my head, pontiac LeMans 455 convertible, 72 Cadillac wagon, 50s chevy pickup, 72 chevelle,  chevy2 super sport, big body nova, studebaker commander, and the 1973 Mach 1.  

There's still a chance that my car was too ugly and it gets edited out.  But even if it doesn't end up in the movie, we'll all know it was there behind home plate, off to the first base side.

Screenshot_20211115_072538.png

Screenshot_20211116_145245.png

Screenshot_20211116_144206.png

Screenshot_20211116_145330.png

Last edited by a moderator:

giantpune

Reaction score
I dropped some cars off at the set this morning.  The producer and director seemed to really like my beater mach 1.  So I think it will make it into the film.