• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maybe buying 71 Grande for parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
I am in the process of getting a 71 Grande from a guy for parts. He does not have a title for it and no motor but i believe everything else is there. If i get this thing this week i will probably get the parts i need off and then part it out. I will have to part it out quick because the wife doent like all my cars sitting around too long :p So to just give you guys a heads up if anyone is looking for parts. Let me know and if i get the car this week I can get back to you and let you know if i have the parts you need!

Thanks Kevin

I am in the process of getting a 71 Grande from a guy for parts. He does not have a title for it and no motor but i believe everything else is there. If i get this thing this week i will probably get the parts i need off and then part it out. I will have to part it out quick because the wife doent like all my cars sitting around too long :p So to just give you guys a heads up if anyone is looking for parts. Let me know and if i get the car this week I can get back to you and let you know if i have the parts you need!

Thanks Kevin
Is it a for speed car?

Ya it is a four speed car, but thats mainly what i want it for. But i have a pile of work done to my c4 and just put in a B&M 3000 stall converter. Good shift kit and clutches in it. So i kinda hate to take it out but would really love a four speed in there. Decisions decisions!!

Ya it is a four speed car, but thats mainly what i want it for. But i have a pile of work done to my c4 and just put in a B&M 3000 stall converter. Good shift kit and clutches in it. So i kinda hate to take it out but would really love a four speed in there. Decisions decisions!!
The four sped stuff is gold around here so, get it and hang on to it if nothing else.

The four sped stuff is gold around here so, get it and hang on to it if nothing else.
He sent me some pics of it tonite and it looks really solid. looks like the bellhousing is the only thing missing off the tranny. How much do these trannys usually go for?

Last edited by a moderator:
He sent me some pics of it tonite and it looks really solid. looks like the bellhousing is the only thing missing off the tranny. How much do these trannys usually go for?
Just depends on the numbers on the tag and condition of it

Factory 4 spd Grande...

Kinda rare. I sure don't remember seeing too many.

hmmmm.

Ray
Thats what i thought. But he claims its the original tanny to the car. If it still has the door tag info would i be able to check the trans code on it? What would the letter be for a four speed on the door sticker?

Factory 4 spd Grande...

Kinda rare. I sure don't remember seeing too many.

hmmmm.

Ray
Thats what i thought. But he claims its the original tanny to the car. If it still has the door tag info would i be able to check the trans code on it? What would the letter be for a four speed on the door sticker?
My door tag reads "5" and the tranny is coupled to a quench head M-code wearing a '71 Grande suit. They are unusual as, according to Marti, only a hundred were produced. Also came with a bunch of other amenities. I will try to upload a Marti Report.

Well the guy told me it was originally an auto car but the previous owner swapped the 4 speed in. He said its a saganaw wide ratio. Any good??
That is a chevy tranny:huh:
Thats what he told me he thought it was but he did say that the tranny and clutch pedal assembly came out of a 72 mustang. Guess i wont know till i go look at it. Any numbers that will identify it for me for sure?

Well the guy told me it was originally an auto car but the previous owner swapped the 4 speed in. He said its a saganaw wide ratio. Any good??
That is a chevy tranny:huh:
Thats what he told me he thought it was but he did say that the tranny and clutch pedal assembly came out of a 72 mustang. Guess i wont know till i go look at it. Any numbers that will identify it for me for sure?
This site will give you any id number you need

http://www.davidkeetoploaders.com/idchart1.htm

Thanks tnfastbk. I talked to him last nite and he made a mistake he said its a borg warner 4 speed wide ratio out of a 72 mustang. He has a nova and some chevelle parts listed on CL too and got them mixed up. But I am heading out Thursday to pick it up and bring her home.

Keep us posted...
I will do my best. Leaving about 9 am to go get it. Hopeing to be home by 6 pm or so and get some pics and try and post them up for you guys. Like I said before I have to strip this thing down pretty quick and get it out of here to keep the wife happy. So anything you guys need even little stuff let me know. I will take any pics that i can that you ask for. I didnt get to see the interior yet but he claims its in good shape and its black, same as mine. So hopefully i can use some of the stuff. Would be great if it had the deluxe interior. Might be a good chance since it is a grande. Even though its a parts car for me Im pretty damn excited!! Always fun to go out and get some new toy! Well wish me luck and I will post up what i find when i get home tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Kevin

Keep us posted...
I will do my best. Leaving about 9 am to go get it. Hopeing to be home by 6 pm or so and get some pics and try and post them up for you guys. Like I said before I have to strip this thing down pretty quick and get it out of here to keep the wife happy. So anything you guys need even little stuff let me know. I will take any pics that i can that you ask for. I didnt get to see the interior yet but he claims its in good shape and its black, same as mine. So hopefully i can use some of the stuff. Would be great if it had the deluxe interior. Might be a good chance since it is a grande. Even though its a parts car for me Im pretty damn excited!! Always fun to go out and get some new toy! Well wish me luck and I will post up what i find when i get home tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Kevin
I'd be looking for the rear window driver's side mount that holds the weather strip then goes down inside. I have the metal window frame that holds the weather strip but it is broken off once it reaches the body. It is part of the rear window crank mechanism.

Thanks for Your offer.

mike

Back