Maybe my future house?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
So soon, after my divorce is final, I will be shopping for a house, and I've been looking real hard at this one.

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/NC/City/Lincolnton/ListingId/15432278.html

Around my area you can get a DAMN nice house for under $70k. Not that it matters, because I would actually rather like to have a "fixer upper" since I have all the skills necessary to fix one up. The house has both the big shop behind it and the regular garage beside it.

Around my area you can get a DAMN nice house for under $70k.
Are you kidding me?!? In Luxembourg you don't find a house under 350k if you want it halfway inhabitable.

It's even hard to find an apartment under 300k! The average house here costs about 400k in €. And we're not talking mansions here. :s

Are you kidding me?!? In Luxembourg you don't find a house under 350k if you want it halfway inhabitable.

It's even hard to find an apartment under 300k! The average house here costs about 400k in €. And we're not talking mansions here. :s

Wow. That's insane. When I was in the states I went to look at probably 10 houses that were all UNDER $25k. Some were in questionable condition and/or neighborhoods but still.

So soon, after my divorce is final, I will be shopping for a house, and I've been looking real hard at this one.

http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/NC/City/Lincolnton/ListingId/15432278.html

Around my area you can get a DAMN nice house for under $70k. Not that it matters, because I would actually rather like to have a "fixer upper" since I have all the skills necessary to fix one up. The house has both the big shop behind it and the regular garage beside it.
Corner lot too! Awesome and hope you get it.

LOL! Is that all Mike? Around my area (The whole Island) Minimum is $500K and that's if the home is a 1 story fixer upper. Norm is $1Mill LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how cheap that house is either. In the rural city I live in (population approx. 100,000) that house would be about AU$250,000 ($US and $AU conversion rate is about the same value). In my states capital city of Melbourne it would cost about $400,000, and in Sydney it would be even more than that!

Same here..You can't touch anything decent for under $350,00

Ok, I checked the ad in detail. That thing would cost approx 550 to 600k here. The problem with us is the price for land. Here you pay a minimum of 250$ per 1 square yard!!! Average is well around 500-600$.

Now, we got 640 square yards....

Do the math. That's without the house, of course. This also shows clearly why we don't have big houses. :(

Man you can tell where all the money is and its not in the South.
LOL you got that right.
O'well I will choose to stay right here, but guess that does answer the question of why you never hear of a southern moving north.
I know right! I'd rather be warm with a few extra bucks than cold and broke. :D

Back