Maybe there is hope on prices.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
One of my friends has a 65 Comet Caliente 4 door, its a pretty awesome little car. He did a ton of work to the 289 in it, and I think he is planning on going with a bigger windsor for it next. 

Yes, a fair price at auction for that car. The colour really sets it off. I just sold my 73 Vert, did not look to overprice it as the market is soft, obviously. In the end, I just about broke even on it, not including my labour, which as you know; is a labour of love.... I got $22,500 and I did not want to invest in a new top as the original was going to need replacing. So, spend the money any try to get higher 20’s? Not in this market. GLW your sale, it is a nice car.

That was a crazy price for such an incorrect car. Of course some of the people there can toss that much money today and it will be nothing to them. 
Speaking on the Comet. Look up the Comet endurance run they made I think in 1965. All were 289 HiPo. I think drove from Cape Horn to Alaska then to Daytona Speedway and ran over 100 mph to past the 100,000 mile range. One broke a valve spring that they fixed and did some top speed runs with it. 
My cousin had one and everything on them was super duty. I think SCCA sanctioned the run they followed the cars down the assembly line at Ford. Harrahs car museum in Reno had one of the originals until he died and collection soled over 3,200 restored cars.

Back